Forums are back in action! ×

Yet another new guy

Hey!

I'm another new guy here. I've been flicking over the site for a while now (since about Christmas when I decided I needed to do something), and finally decided to embrace the "support group" aspect of the site.

A little about me:

After getting really hefty (22 stones at the heaviest leaving uni) I moved back in with my parents (lame!) as I moved jobs and consequently back home. I managed to drop a couple of stones just by eating properly to the point where I'm not horrified by myself anymore, but still feel like I have a long way to go.

I played with the body weights circuits at Christmas time, but that sort of fell by the wayside when I took a week off on holiday at the end of February and I didn't really get back into it.

With a long school summer holiday (I'm a maths teacher - this must be the right place for me!) looming, I bought a bike at the end of July and I've been enjoying it, but felt like I needed to do something to tone and get stronger, so I bought the rebel strength guide. Didn't really do anything with it though - I've just come back from 2 weeks in the USA eating at diners every day so I knew my efforts wouldn't be great during that time.

HOWEVER, I've just rejoined the gym this evening and plan on hitting it up tomorrow morning. I'm not a total newbie to gyms - I played rugby and volleyball both to high levels as a teenager, but university pretty much killed all that with booze. So at the ripe old age of 26 I have decided to make the effort to do something properly.

Heres hoping I can get real results back. And who knows - maybe the confidence to do something about having been single far too long!

So, yeah, hi!