Forums are back in action! ×

I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...

...but I am too out of shape to do either.

I am not fat. But I am out of shape. I've never participated in sports or physical activity. Now I am ready to clean up my life. The purpose of me joining this site is to increase my fitness and confidence. Luckily I am not at my worse. I got home from studying abroad in China and lost (unintentionally) 20 pounds over 3 months just through diet and walking more. Now I'm about 160. And need to increase my muscles. Though I am at a healthy weight, Its all fat, and no muscle, including a significant belly.

I intend over the following months to follow the primal diet, and go to the gym and be able to lift my bodyweight. I've never been to a gym before.

My favorite nerd things include watching Kung Fu movies, and science fiction animated series, magic: the gathering, settlers of catan(drinking game edition), The Simpsons, libertarian politics.

Race: Human

Class: Assassin

I'm all out of bubble gum too so kicking butt is all I am doing.

To give yourself the inside scoop before you get to the gym check out the articles listed under the "Working out Properly" section located here. I think you will enjoy them and will feel more confident going into the gym armed with some good info.

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/top-posts/

I am also enjoying eating Paleo/Primal and it seems to be working for me. Good luck on your Quest!

Hi, vegemighty. I came to kick ass and drink tea, but I'm all out of tea. [/end English joke].

Any ideas what you intend to do in the gym, and what you aim to achieve, apart from looking and feeling better? I find "looking better" difficult to quantify, so when I aimed for that, I found that I got super neurotic about it. I found goals like "do a certain number of good-form push ups" or, "run 3k in under 25 minutes" much more enjoyable to aim for and achieve.

May I ask about the inspiration behind your name?

Glad to have you Vegemighty. Everyone began unfit, so, just stick to a workout for say 4 months and youll improve considerably.

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge