Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone, my name is Taylor and I am looking forward to becoming a part of this community! I've been reading NF for a few months now and have decided to finally dive in. I'll try to give a brief background and some goals for my journey below:

Background:

- I am a 23 year old male who just finished college and started work in the last year

- Mainly looking to shed some beer weight (need to lose about 20 pounds) and add lean muscle. 

- I haven't been able to stick to an exercise routine since high school. Usually because I get all excited to get back on the workout kick and I go too hard the first week...which then causes me to slowly lose steam from there.

- I was always lean and fit (not muscular!) until around 3 years ago, I had many bad habits in college and would love to start the reversal now!

What I've done so far this year:

- Completely given up soft drinks

- Drastically reduced juices/energy drinks/sport drinks

- Made the switch from unhealthy college drink specials (beer, LITs, rum and cokes, etc.) to light beer, vodka sodas and red wine.

- Just joined this forum and purchased the Rebel Fitness Guide.

Challenges I face:

- I am a consultant, living in a hotel Mon-Thurs every week

- I am very social, I love going to meet people after work for happy hours or to watch a football game

- Bad habit of eating what is convenient at the time (fast-food, delivery)

GOALS:

- Adopt a healthier diet

- Be a better cook

- Lose 20-25 pounds. I'm 5'9 and weigh 182 today, I think my ideal weight would be somewhere between 155-165, I mostly care about body fat % anyway.

- Get lean, feel better about my appearance

Thanks for reading!

Awesome man! Sounds like a good plan to get going on.

Cooking in a hotel can be hell and expensive in waste, so traveling with your own spices and snack foods can really help (literally trail mix, homemade is amazing)

Hope you have a blast, shed what you wanna get rid of, and see ya around the site!  :pirate:

"You can do it. I believe in you."

Logs: (insert here)

Challenge: (n/a until next starts)