Forums are back in action! ×

My name is Jason and I stumbled upon NF while searching for information on the Paleo Diet. Your article was excellent and really helped my decision to start following a Paleo Diet. I also decided to start CrossFit, so this site has been a great resource.

While I've never been drastically overweight, I grew up around a family that was. As I had kids a got and little older, I put on additional weight, would lose it, put on some more, lose it again. Almost a vicious cycle. Then I reached my heaviest weight of 222lbs (I normally average 190) and decided it was time to do something about it. I started P90X in January of 2012 and lost 30lbs in my first 90 days. I went through the program again and lost another 7 to level off at 185lbs. I continued different iterations of P90X for the next 12 months, but my eating (mostly drinking) was not maintained. I am now back at 206lbs and just frustrated with myself. I simply got bored with P90X and felt as if I was just going through the motions and not trying anymore.

So, when I came the realization that I will be 40 years old in a little over a year, I decided it was time. My goal is to be in the best shape of my life when I hit 40. On labor day I officially started my Paleo diet, so I'm currently only on day 2, but I think I'm going to like it, as someone with lactose issues. Additionally, I started my OnRamp for CrossFit on Labor Day, and I survived!! Who knew I could lift a 120lb stone from the ground to my shoulder, MORE THAN ONCE!! I need the group atmosphere and the team to push and motivate me and day 1 was a blast. Looking forward to tomorrows class.

I look forward to being a part NF and continuing to learn from all of you.

Oh, and I do consider myself a fellow nerd, for many reasons...

Welcome! I've heard great things about PX90, although if I had the cash I'd buy Insanity. If you are looking for variety maybe check out the Fitness Blender videos on YouTube. I quite enjoy them; they are free, and there are many to choose from to shake things up when boredom becomes an issue :) I'm loving the community support here on NF, and it's great being around other people with Paleo lifestyles

You won't regret doing that workout, but you may regret not doing it. So get your butt in gear and get to it!

Starting Weight: 190 lbs Current Weight: 175 lbs   Goal Weight: 145 lbs

Krunchy's Battle Log           Challenge 1