Forums are back in action! ×

The Road from Troll to Elf

I had just completed my BSc and well when you do a computer programming degree you tend to spend a lot of time on a computer. while it was fun (late night LAN's earl morning exams) I did put on some weight ... well a lot of weight  by the time I graduated I was up to 143kgs (or 286lbs)  and basically I had to try and find a place that would sell cloths that would fit :( It was at this point I decided it would be good to look into joining a gym.

The gym I joined in the end was open 24/7 (no reason not to go) but the trainer was not inserted in my needs for a workout the trainer asked me what I wanted, then gave me the opposite. The workout the trainer had given me was hard and it made me really not want to go in but I quested on for 5 weeks and at the end of it I had put on 1kg this was very disappointing.

Move forwarded to March 2013 and I come across this website, reading the stories and watching the videos re-sparked my motivation to get into shape, the most helpful page was the paleo diet I decided to incorporate the paleo diet (well most of it) into my life and tried working out again :D. The first thing I did was throw out the workout the trainer had given me and found a new 5 day workout that covered each part of my body then (being a nerd) I made a android application to track my weigh loss and help with remembering what workout I was doing that day (search for WorkoutNote by limitedgoldfish  on android).

Move on to September  and I'm down 15kgs (31 lbs), (I'm hopping to get down to double digits by 2014), I have helped a number of my friends on the road to good health, I can ware cloths in most stores and it is only getting better. I'm planning on taking up one or more of the NF challenges over the summer and well that's my story over the past 8 months and heres to the next 8 months.

Congratz! Loved reading your story, and I think it helps reaffirm my goals for myself. I only wish I had an android (or any smartphone, really need to get with the times one of these days -eyes roll-) so that I could try out your app. 

If you don't mind me asking, which part of the paleo diet have you not been following ("well most of it"- basically, what do you mean by this?)