Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings fellow humans!

So doc says I need to start running for my health and I was looking around at various fitness community sites and I think this one might suit me the best. I blew out my knee back in high school (playing football ironically) and I never put that much effort into rehabilitation and now it's coming back to bite me. This whole fitness thing is new to me so if anyone has any advice for motivation and keeping with it please let me know!

I absolutely hate running, I get bored and my shins rebel against me but I would say make it fun. I know a lot of ppl here use Zombies, Run which seems to work. Having someone IRL or on here to hold you accountable also helps for getting up and going.  If I can help in anyway I'm here.

Oh and welcome! Its a pretty great place to join

Running does suck, and I find that walking is a much more fun exercise, especially if you have someone to do it with. However, Running does have it's extra health benefits. Since I hate running, but like the benefits I do interval training. If you havn't heard of it HERE is a good place that explains what it is. I have bad knees from a previous job (and a bit of my own stupidity) as well as having feet. So basically, running hurts me quite a bit but interval walk/jog doesnt hurt, but I get similar benefits to running.

On a note on at home physical therapy, a good way to begin is adding a bit of resistance with resistance training bands. I think the flat ones held in each hand doing leg presses might do the trick for knees. I did some home made therapy this way with my shoulder (sprained it twice) and I can now say (3 years later) I don't have any pain in moving it in any direction.

Good luck and welcome (just joined myself, finding it quite nice.)