Forums are back in action! ×

Please call me X. Everyone does. 

All right, look. This is not easy for me. 

I've never been an athletic person at all (although, as I look back, if I had made a couple different decisions as a teenager, I would be a professional wrestler by now). This whole "working out" thing is relatively foreign to me. 

I'm a writer. I sit on my butt a majority of the time because typing while standing is extraordinarily difficult. I'm a happily married guy. The kids are teenagers, almost ready to fly the coop. My life is good. 

I'm just fat. I am five foot ten and I'm pushing 315 pounds. 

I am not happy about this. 

It will be a year in October since I've had a cigarette. I've cut back on my drinking more than I ever thought I could. 

It's time to fix up the rest of it. 

My battle plan?

Right now, I'm working through the DDP Yoga program. I've been doing it for two weeks. Already, I see an increase in my range of mobility. It's pretty impressive, as far as I'm concerned. 

I want to join a gym. Finances currently prevent that. Remember, I'm a writer. There's not a lot of money in this game. But I am mentally prepared to make that commitment when I am able to do so. 

What am I bringing to the table? 

A sense of humor. Honesty. Transparency. A willingness to work and learn. The capacity for support. 

Okay, that's done. 
Hi, everybody. Let's do this.