Forums are back in action! ×

ShadowSilk is looking to raise her Dex/Con stats.

Hi there.

So...I'm 36, 240 lb., 5 ft. 4 inches.

Strong, but not as strong as I used to be.

Slow as heck, always have been.  I've always, always, always been "the fat girl."  Peasant woman stock -- think a fat bar wench.

I'm looking at Paleo, but really I think I'll just take my family back on the Michi Ladder.  We do pretty well on it, at least for a while.  I wonder what the results would be alternating six weeks Michi, six weeks Paleo?

Anyway, my goals are...

To walk a mile in less than 20 minutes.

To not feel like I'm dying when I do it.

I'd love to do capoeira, but there's no classes around me. 

I've already set myself a personal goal and set myself up an accountability group over on Facebook with my friends, but I'm looking for advice, help, and new friends are always awesome.

Thanks.

ShadowSilk

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Hi ShadowSilk!

It's great to have you aboard! :D

It sounds like you've got a good idea for a diet experiment there! Maybe you could do a couple of six week challenges, one with the Michi ladder and one with Paleo and compare the results?

It's also great that you've already got some goals you're going for, as a suggestion, have you looked into the Couch to 5k programme? It's basically a programme for complete beginners to work their way up to doing a 5km run. But I don't see why you couldn't also do it with walking :) Over 9 weeks it gets from from running just 60 seconds at a time, to a full 30 minutes. It almost sounds crazy but it can be done, and without too much difficulty! :D

But here's the first week in case you wanted to try it for yourself, running or walking :)

"Begin with a brisk 5-minute walk, then alternate 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking, for a total of 20 minutes."

Is there any other advice or help you'd like in specific areas?

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

You're very welcome!

There's no shame in that! We all have to start somewhere, and the fact that you are on your way is a great achievement in and of itself, so no shamefaces :D

You could try doing it as a walk and pausing for the rests :) maybe you could jog for every other one, or just a couple of times :)

A rule of the rebellion is it's all about where you're going! And you're going on to be a Monk Assassin! :D

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

You're very welcome!

There's no shame in that! We all have to start somewhere, and the fact that you are on your way is a great achievement in and of itself, so no shamefaces :D

You could try doing it as a walk and pausing for the rests :) maybe you could jog for every other one, or just a couple of times :)

A rule of the rebellion is it's all about where you're going! And you're going on to be a Monk Assassin! :D

Why, yes.  Yes, I am.  :)

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

I've started walking after dinner with my family. I have noticed since then that everyone is pumped about being active. Good luck in your quests, they are attainable goals and I know you can achieve them!!

You won't regret doing that workout, but you may regret not doing it. So get your butt in gear and get to it!

Starting Weight: 190 lbs Current Weight: 175 lbs   Goal Weight: 145 lbs

Krunchy's Battle Log           Challenge 1