Forums are back in action! ×

ShadowSilk is looking to raise her Dex/Con stats.

Hi there.

So...I'm 36, 240 lb., 5 ft. 4 inches.

Strong, but not as strong as I used to be.

Slow as heck, always have been.  I've always, always, always been "the fat girl."  Peasant woman stock -- think a fat bar wench.

I'm looking at Paleo, but really I think I'll just take my family back on the Michi Ladder.  We do pretty well on it, at least for a while.  I wonder what the results would be alternating six weeks Michi, six weeks Paleo?

Anyway, my goals are...

To walk a mile in less than 20 minutes.

To not feel like I'm dying when I do it.

I'd love to do capoeira, but there's no classes around me. 

I've already set myself a personal goal and set myself up an accountability group over on Facebook with my friends, but I'm looking for advice, help, and new friends are always awesome.

Thanks.

ShadowSilk

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Welcome Shadowsilk. I too am quite new here, but so far I'm loving reading through the mountains of information and meeting some new people with similar goals. 

I would like to encourage you to try out paleo, but if you're not really interested in going QUITE that far or drastic with changing your diet, you could try just being gluten free. I went on a gluten free diet when my mother had cancer. She went on the diet to improve her health before her surgery took place, and I went on it to support her in her endeavor. I have to say, just going gluten free (and cutting out MOST refined sugars) was one of the most enlightening experiences. I lost 10 pounds in a month, just from that change because I was eating considerably less carbs. But in the end it's your choice, just food for though xP

Walking is one of my favorite exercises to do, and the only advice I can give is to try to have fun with it. One way is to walk with a family member or friend who you can talk to while walking. Another is setting a destination. I know I always walk more quickly and with purpose if I actually have a destination rather than just walking for the heck of it. If walking for the heck of it is more your thing, and you don't have anyone who would like to join you for walks (we're all busy) music really helps you to "zone" out and not think so much about the exercise and more about enjoying your time of being alone with your thoughts and listening to music : )