Forums are back in action! ×

Woohoo I can deadlift!

So in the past I've been mostly hesitant to do lifting as I never knew what the limits of my prosthetic were and instead of trying to test the limits I just assumed what they were. Of course then I got a new arm and tested those limits, but the thing I always wanted to do was lifting (you know the stuff: deadlifts, presses, squats, etc) Well tonight I was able to do 6x6x110 on deadlift, 5x6x70 on presses (overhead), and 4x6x70 on squats with little issue (only problem I had was getting the bar back from behind my head after a set as I don't have a rack to use, just weight)

So its a great day for innovation, technology, and good ole stubborness

I would imagine that there might be strain on the main sleeve that I can't realize and obviously bending stress on the claw, I've found for my exercises I use my old prosthetic (which fits fine, rough on the elbow though) because it grants me full pulling ability (beyond that its not good for much). It uses a harness system that wraps over the left shoulder and is anchored by the right armpit. It might sound complicated but its not as bad as it sounds. No worries though on ignorance, hell I just want more strength in both arms and the left has quite a bit of catching up to do.