Forums are back in action! ×

I chose Pacman for a reason...

Hmm, introductions, introductions, they scare the heck out of me.

I'm a shy introvert, so just thinking about doing this is scary enough, but I literally just turned 21 yesterday and it's time to be brave. I'm 5,1" and starting at 216 pounds. The weight loss journey isn't new to me as back in 2010 I was able to lose 55 pounds following a Paleo diet (even though I didn't know it was Paleo at that time). Unfortunately, after starting uni abroad and having Pacman's eating habits, I gained 40 pounds back in 3 years time. I promised myself that I won't see the numbers again, but over time and with no support, that promise fell apart.

I like to think that I know myself pretty well, and I know I get bored easily (known to be a multi-tasking expert and organizing freak), and I know I'm in desperate need of motivation. My family basically range from size 0-4, and I do mean all of them, that goes for my friends as well. Though they support me, it's very difficult to accept what they're saying as they have no idea about what I'm going through. I've obviously heard the "you're beautiful, don't change yourself" speech, but how can I agree with them?  I'm the fat, nerdy, geeky, know-it-all that always stood out. Don't get me wrong I'm fine with that, I totally accept it and like being the exception, especially when it came down to school/uni work. So I'm not doing this to be accepted, I'm not doing it for the bullies, and I'm not doing this for my friends and family, I'm strictly doing this for myself. I want to be strong, I want to be in control of my weight and I want to be proud and love myself.

So, baby steps I guess, I'm back on the Paleo diet, I'm exercising 6 times a week, and hopefully the results will follow :)

Staying optimistic   

Welcome to the Team, Miss!
I'm just the same in terms of motivation - I'm really bad at motivating myself to exercise, but my diet is fine. I'm guessing you're the same, cos of the previous dieting attempt?

Maybe we can help each other out! I'm just about to turn 23 (22 days!) and went to uni abroad too. Where's abroad for you?

Optimism is best! :D  And exercising 6 times a week is amazing, but maybe a little much? Rest days are important too!  (I tried to find a NF article, but the quotes are scattered about various ones - still, you know.)

*high fives*

B,

Thank you so much :) it was so hard to get out of my comfort zone but change is good and i'm glad i took the next step :)

Thank you for offering your help as I am sure I'm going to need it :D

GemRogers,

Thaaank youu. You're absolutely right! I can easily control my diet but when it comes to motivation for exercise I have none :/ 

Helping each other out sounds great :) Abroad for me is London, England. I'll be returning there soon for my final year of uni (and I don't want it to end :P)

Hahaha, thanks for trying to find an article. I'm probably myself's worst critic, and I do push myself really hard. I'll try to pace myself, take it easy and enjoy what I'm doing (I've been called a Vulcan and a robot before, like there's anything wrong with Spock and Optimus Prime :P)
Always optimistic :D

-Miss Pacman