Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone, my name is Krunchy. Well, not really, but it's the only nickname I've ever been given in life. I'm a former WoW addict, grew up with Star Wars, loved watching LOTR in theaters, and well that's probably the extent of my nerdiness. Unless knowing nothing about pop culture counts. I definitely fail in that subject (one of many... social cues anyone?).

I stumbled upon Nerd Fitness in my search for learning how to do a chin up. This has been on my bucket list for probably 15 years or more. I have always been the overweight kid. It started when I lost all feeling in my legs as a kindergardener, and once I was able to walk again I had already fallen in love with books so I never really did the whole 'running and active' thing. I loved walks, bike rides, and swimming, but jumping, running, and throwing were not my strong suits (anyone else here have a fear and hatred for Track and Field days?).

So here I am, I've been posting for about a week now, and have been reading the articles for about 2 weeks now, but my journey actually started at the beginning of August. Well, I guess even sooner than that if you count the things I have slowly but surely been eliminating from my diet due to educating myself on all the crap food out there. I'm not full paleo yet, but on my way there. I have realized that I am addicted to glucose (or something) so I have been switching over to homemade products as much as possible. Things like homemade ketchup just don't even compare to store-bought, and in this regard I don't think I'll ever go full paleo, because I do enjoy homemade preserves, which do have some sugar in them. 

A little about me: I am almost 30, have two beautiful young children and an amazing husband, and have recently quit my night-shift job to be a stay-at-home-mom. This has freed up some time allowing me to focus on myself after being pregnant or nursing back to back for three years and working full-time in between. Just like everyone else I'm swimming in debt and looking to simplify my life emotionally, financially, physically, and mentally. I have about 50 pounds I want to shed in total if I want to have strength, or 65 pounds to shed if I want to be thin. My starting weight was 190, but I've already lost 10 lbs so I am currently at 180. Oh, and I think I'm 5'8". Currently sitting at about 30% fat judging by the pics on one of Steve's posts.

I'm a Ranger at heart "A jack-of-all-trades but master of none" sums it up about right. I've never been a runner, but I'm trying. I did a 10k race two years ago and will be doing a 5k race next month. I'm hoping to do a Warrior Dash next summer (this terrifies me!!), and I would like to get into trail running eventually. So my workouts are all over the place to prepare me for these various activities. I get bored very quickly and jump around with different workouts. I find that I am still able to keep track of my progress though, because when I go back to a workout that I haven't done in a while, I do find it easier to complete. Except running. If I don't run daily my endurance dissipates so quickly! Odd thing though, even though I can't go longer, I CAN go faster. I don't get it, but oh well. Just gotta keep pushing! I've only broken the 10 minute barrier a few times: two 10 minute runs, one 15 minute run, and one 28 minute run. Otherwise, I get tired after about 5 minutes, walk for 15-60 seconds, then get at it again.

Anyway, that's a bit about me. I'm excited to be part of this community, and can't wait to level up with everyone! (Oh, I should also add that since having kids my brain has left me, so I'm sorry if I've done the intro twice... I think I did another intro in the 6 week challenge forum, so maybe this one is unnecessary, I dunno).

Oh, and one more neat tidbit about me: I'm Canadian :)

Cheers, and have a great day!

You won't regret doing that workout, but you may regret not doing it. So get your butt in gear and get to it!

Starting Weight: 190 lbs Current Weight: 175 lbs   Goal Weight: 145 lbs

Krunchy's Battle Log           Challenge 1