Forums are back in action! ×

Another candidate steps forward...

Good evening (well, it is where I am at least!)

Me:

My name is Richard, and I am from Buckinghamshire in the United Kingdom. I'm 6' 1", blue eyes and I enjoy long walks on the beach.

I have just finished Sixth Form and intend to go to University this September (grades permitting) where I shall study Geoscience (Geography geek).

My Goal:

Ever since I was a wee lad I wanted to join the Royal Marines Commandos as a commissioned Officer. Seeing as I already have the educational aptitude, I now need the physical aptitude. For a few years now I have had short bursts of energy which have lasted no more than a week at a time where I work out and run non-stop and then I rediscover the pub and Total War games...

I just watched Steve Kamb's Google talk and wow that has inspired me. This is the first day of the rest of my life, and it's today I stop dreaming about that green beret and I get on my way to bloody earning it!

You, good sir have another recruit and team member!

I cannot wait to hear all of your stories and to level up alongside you lot!

There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level. Bruce Lee

Keep riding on the motivation and go forward. Determine how you are going to get to the Commision Officer Rank via mastering the 5 fitness requirements to save your life:http://artofmanliness.com/2009/09/15/every-man-should-be-able-to-save-his-own-life-5-fitness-benchmarks-a-man-must-master/ for a starting point that will keep you busy for a while.

Welcome aboard by the way, Sunny Squash

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge

Thanks for the welcome shinigamiPUNCH. It's a great phrase and it will be the last time I use it!

Excellent advice and link tsuchinoko92! I am a frequent on the AoM boards and that is an excellent post by Brett that I have read but haven't actually done!

I will definitely start that as of today! Thanks for the thoughts and encouragement both of you!

There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level. Bruce Lee

...six weeks is definitely enough time to build some good habits and figure out how you will stick with this for the long haul.

That's exactly what I've done and I've seen your challenge and I'll be dropping a bomb of encouragement!

Welcome fellow Brit.

There are a lot of links I have stashed away about the physical tests and how to get there for the military, I will post em up for ya later.

As a fellow pub and total war addict, been sober from total war for jut over a year now, I feel your pain. Those games are like hardcore drugs, have a quick go and before you realise it your night has vanished and it's daytime again.

The only antidote,

is blood, sweat and hope

and a blueprint to save us from what we have become.

'we work in the dark to serve the light'

Good to see another Limey!

I'm well versed in the requirements for the Royal Marines but those links will be helpful nonetheless! I look forward to checking them out.

And by god, even on my terrible PC I painstakingly play laggy battles just to play Shogun 2. Needless to say I now have the patience of a saint.