Forums are back in action! ×

About me:

• Current Weight: 225 pounds
  • Height: 5 feet 10
  • Nerdy Occupations: ST:TNG; Babylon 5; TBBT (and i do get most of the jokes); brewing the perfect cup of coffee

Sooo, i used to be pretty fit in my 20s. Now i´m heading for 40 and gained quite a bit of pudding round the waist while loosing strength.

Sitting for 8 Hours at work each day and an additional 2 hours of travel time...

I still train FMA once or twice a week so i´m not completely lethargic.

Hence: Reboot! I signed up here because i´m a nerd at heart and i seem to need a specific goal to stay "onboard" with my diet and training.

I know i need to cut out the carbs to loose weight, i bought Zombies, run and YAYOG. So the tools are there.

I really don´t like running for long distances, so a marathon as the goal is out.

I really like bodyweight exercises and loved fooling around on the playground with my daughter (back when she would actually go to a playground).

So, i decided i will run an obstacle race next summer/fall. When i anounced this decision at the dinner table and mentioned that i now need to find a teammate(s), my beloved wife decided she will join me, at least in training. 

Double reboot! 

Both Apps are reset, we will start the C25k Zombies, run program today and the YAYOG basic 10 Week program on wednesday.

Sooo, my goal is:

• run an obstacle race next Summer/Fall (still need to define which one)

To achive this, i will need to loose weight, be able to run 10k in 65 min and be able to overcome physical obstacles.

Level 1 Orc adventurer

Strength (STR) - 3

Dexterity (DEX) - 2

Stamina (STA) - 2

Constitution (CON) - 2

Wisdom (WIS) - 3

Charisma (CHA) - 3

Current challenge: New try...

Small changes can make a big difference

Welcome! I want to do an obstacle race too, I have my heart set on the Warrior Dash, it looks like a super fun challenge. Good luck, and props to your wife for joining you! :)

You won't regret doing that workout, but you may regret not doing it. So get your butt in gear and get to it!

Starting Weight: 190 lbs Current Weight: 175 lbs   Goal Weight: 145 lbs

Krunchy's Battle Log           Challenge 1

Thanks!

My favourite would be the http://www.runforyourlives.com/ races, what with the zombies and so on.

Not in good ol europe yet.

Oh well, i´ll try to get to the Spartan Sprint in the UK or one of the ones in Germany, we´ll see.

The first "running" session last night went great, We wil both feel the first YAYOG wokrout tommorrow though...

Level 1 Orc adventurer

Strength (STR) - 3

Dexterity (DEX) - 2

Stamina (STA) - 2

Constitution (CON) - 2

Wisdom (WIS) - 3

Charisma (CHA) - 3

Current challenge: New try...

Small changes can make a big difference