Forums are back in action! ×

Just me, looking to stay on track and ramp it up

so i don't know how to put some basics into a nutshell. but...i'll try. 

i wasn't always this out of shape. i played sports in high school and college. when i got married the first time around i was only about 145 pounds (which was about 20 pounds overweight for me, i'm only just under 5'2" but i was a lot of muscle) but alas, our skiing honeymoon ended with me tearing a chunk of bone out of my patella and i've not really ever recovered from that injury. it was most painful and a long recovery...i miss skiing. i did try karate years later, but i hurt my knee again and never got back to it. 

fast forward three children and two divorces later (from two very abusive men) and i found myself fighting change with a long term bf recently (just short of our 7 year anniversary). any of the changes he was pushing for were all positive, but i just couldn't do it. he had to take a step back from us and i have had to stand on my own two feet completely and totally for the first time in all my adult life. i've had some real shifts in my thought process and how i approach things. it's been very eye opening. i'm making great progress in a good direction. it's not easy, but it's needed.

wanting to be a good role model for my two girls who are still young, i am trying to take steps to make the changes more permanent. at the beginning of the year, i started tracking using the Loseit! app and i have lost 40 pounds just tracking my food alone.  i have 150 pounds to go - time to kick it to the next level. i am eating well more days than not and just this past two weeks (have i mentioned i can't work as i lost my license recently and it will be a month before i get it back) i started putting exercise into my schedule. small steps in the right direction, but i have a friend doing tough mudders and spartan runs and here i hope to do a "shape magazine diva dash" next year. i actually would love to do sup yoga (i live right on the delaware river) and well...just be healthier, play basketball with my daughter (i used to play in high school and she plays now), walk around the city with friends. you know...live life!

well, that's a big nutshell...i hope to meet some good people maybe make some friends and definitely set some goals and level up my life! 

Welcome!

I'm a newbie too. Your story reminds me of my sister. Men can really stink and having babies can certainly help put on weight. She's been taking a lot of strides this year in losing weight. It also helps that she has to keep up with a very spunky two-year-old boy.

I wish you the best on your journey and hope that I can be a part of a community that helps you meet your goals:)

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Welcome!

I'm a newbie too. Your story reminds me of my sister. Men can really stink and having babies can certainly help put on weight. She's been taking a lot of strides this year in losing weight. It also helps that she has to keep up with a very spunky two-year-old boy.

I wish you the best on your journey and hope that I can be a part of a community that helps you meet your goals:)

thanks! and if i can be of help to you, i shall!