Forums are back in action! ×

Good morning/afternoon/evening! (delete as necessary)

Hi all, 

Another newcomer to join the cause!

So, the introduction thing. 

My name's Nick, I'm 27 (for another 17 days) and from the South of England. 

Why am I here? To get to know to good, honest, hard-working people in an attempt to get some information, wisdom and motivation - something I don't feel I can get from my "friends."

...also because I'm a massive Nerd.

~*~

So, vital statistics.

• 6'2"
  • 238lbs
  • Flabby
  • Podgy
  • Mooby
  • Bloody sick of the being the above 3

I haven't had a fag in 3 weeks (that's a Cigarette for the American fraternity).

Recovering WoW, EVE, Second Life, Star Trek Online & SWTOR player. Accounts deleted - The casualties were huge, but it was for the greater good.

Budding photographer, Amateur guitar player. NetFlix pervert. Music fiend. Unhinged D&D player.

Married to a Gym fiend (The irony)

N.B - this year would be my 20th year of owning a games console. I've also sold this as well. Scandalous.

~*~

My initial aim is to get a good feeling for exactly what the **** I'm supposed to be doing in the gym. It would appear that the so-called "Personal Trainer" that I've been using is only interested in the contents of my wallet and seeing me once a month to strip me naked and throw me into the Gorilla pit with Major No-Neck and the 'Roid Rangers (you haven't seen these guys... - also, no nudity is involved. Just to be clear.)

There is NO programme, no nutrition advice, no catch-up chat. Just 30-60 minutes of agony and my wallet is £40 lighter.

My other gym sessions just seem to be me dicking around on various bits of equipment. Although I'm not to shabby at running, which was an interesting revelation.

If anyone can sacrifice any time to point me in even a remotely correct direction, I would be eternally grateful.

I would like to lose some weight, maybe get down to 180lbs, but also improve strength/definition as well. I'm not sure if the two go hand in hand, but I don't want to lose loads of weight only to have little twiggy limbs. 

That's probably enough. Congratulations if you've read this far. Have a gold star.

Nick

Yay for a gold star! I have a soft spot for England after studying abroad there, so I felt I needed to finish reading... for the Queen.

I'm new too, but I figured I'd say welcome and I wish you the best of luck on your journey. You might want to start out by looking to see what your profession is. Then join your guild in the next 6 week challenge.

This is what I've gathered.

Cheers

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I would figure you would love the RPG profession naming convention with all those MMOs that you have played. I only dabbled in SWOTOR because KOTOR is probably my all-time favorite video game. It doesn't translate as an MMO for me.

I was very surprised to find that Batwoman was available. I think we are all so trained to go with our standard screenname that will always be there no matter what social media/message board/forum we join that we don't reach for the dream name. I dare to dream.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.