Forums are back in action! ×

Coming back after a hiatus!

Hello everyone! Some of you may or may not remember me, I was really active at some point, then kind of disappeared. 

I'll try not make this into a rant post, but I went on the hiatus as my boyfriend and I separated, and he was a rock for me in helping me get healthy that suddenly shattered. I had to move out, get my life together, and figure things out. In the process, things spiraled out of control and I gained all the weight I had lost while being committed to a Paleo lifestyle and working out. This has made me unhappy and enough is enough! I am back and ready to kick myself in the butt and get myself in to shape.

Now that I am on my own, things have been quite lonely, and I think if I don't reach out, and get help, It'll get worse. So here I am, tears in my eyes, accepting how unhealthy I have been and asking for support. I know I can do this, I just need to find the strength that I once had thanks to you guys. 

May the force be with me! I can do this now :)

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

I'm sorry to hear about your setback and completely understand how that would make you fall apart.

You've got it right though. You need a support system. If you don't have one in your real life (and even if you do), there is always a strong outpouring of understanding and supportive folks here at NF. Taking that first step, asking for help, is always hard. But we're here. Whatever support you need.

What are your goals now you're getting back into this? Do you have a game plan for moving forward that we can help hold you accountable to? Any questions the community can help you with?

Thanks for your response, I appreciate the time.

I think my primary goal is to be healthy. I want to be active and lose weight, so I am working on currently changing my diet. I am focusing this month on changing my diet (so far, I've had no soda or fast food this month!) and am slowly starting to cut out sugars and diary. I've been really bad, eating bread like nobody's business, so that's another important goal. 

I've already decided that my October challenge is going to be no candy (take that Halloween!) and to start working out consistently. I think what I need the most help in is food planning. I'm terrible with making breakfast (because I wake up at the last possible moment to get to work) and once I'm at work, I have to get food somehow. I get home, and I don't want to prepare anything. 

Niwa no niwa ni wa, niwa no niwatori wa niwaka ni wani wo tabeta.

Take that soda and fast food! Niwa doesn't need you! Sugars, dairy, breads, Halloween candy... be on the look out because you're next!

Not that I am particularly good at doing so myself, but one thing that could help you with the planning is to find recipes for things you enjoy (and don't get too sick of too quickly) that are good as leftovers. Make a bunch on Sunday and you've got yourself either easy dinners for when you don't want to cook after work, or easy grab-and-go lunches for work. There are also some good breakfast recipes that can work similarly, like bacon egg cups and mini omelettes. You can make them once and grab them in the morning when you rush out the door to get to work. When you get to work you can either eat them as-is (if you're cool with cold eggs, which I'm personally not unless they're hard-boiled) or you can pop them in the microwave and you've got yourself a quick and easy breakfast you don't need to think about in the morning.

I need to get back on the pre-cooking train myself for lunches/dinners as applicable.

Hopefully something like that might help you get better consistency and diet with day-to-day foods. Or at least, it's worth a try?