Forums are back in action! ×

Student Newbie - accepting any advice!

Hi all,

My name's Dan, I'm 23 years old and I'm a final year med student in the UK. I've been a keen cyclist for the past year after getting into it on the advice of a physio - had a tendon injury to my knee from playing rugby a few years ago. Just started going back to the gym whilst I'm travelling in Malaysia and hoping to get back to the fitness level I had when I first started university 5 years ago. I kinda let myself lapse whilst I was with my girlfriend and have begun to feel like I need to get back into shape, especially now I'm single again  :friendly_wink:

I'm looking to improve my cardio endurance and also improve my strength & flexibility but I'm not wanting to put on too much mass as I'll hopefully get back to competing on the bike next summer (if the UK gets one!) and I can't be dragging too much weight up the hills! I'd also like to walk into my first job as an intern and not worry about getting out of breath if I have to run to help someone.

Any advice people can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan