Forums are back in action! ×

Bound ( not bondage) and Determined...

Im new to the website and where do I begin.

Ive struggled with my weight all of my life... Always the "big guy". Here in the past few years,my weight has crept up to very unhealthy levels. Ive been so depressed, so unhappy, and have tried every diet known to man,every pill on the shelf,and yet still nothing has changed permenantly.

Upon my recent Dr. Visit, My physician asked if he could be upfront and honest with me. Of course I said ," Sure." He laid it out plainly. He said," If I dont change my eating habits,and start to take the weight off, I will be dead within 5 years, plain and simple."

I found myself at my lowest point.But I had an awakening. I realized that I had no one to blame but myself. Im the one who put the food in my mouth, no one held a gun to my head and made me eat the donuts, pizza, ice cream etc. I was a design of my own choosing.And I realized that I would get the same results Ive been getting as long as I kept doing the same things Ive been doing.

Something had to change. Me....

Within the past month, I began juicing and trying to eat more organic. Watching my food intake, drink all of my water, and increase my physical fitness level. What  a difference this lifestyle change is for me! And exciting at the same time. ITS NOT A DIET!!!! Its a decision. And that decision was to become the best " ME " that I can be,and to put the best fuel possible inside this body.

My Dad was given a very similar diagnosis by his doctor. It can be very scary. I'm really impressed that you're taking so much initiative so fast. Just (and this is the pot calling the kettle black) try not to do things too fast. I know from harsh experience that if you try to do everything at once, you're likely to crash and burn. That being said, it sounds like you're on your way to a healthier lifestyle and people here can help! Welcome!

Hobbit of Buckland

First Time Challenger: Level 0

My First Challenge: Back Again

My Battle Log: Captain's Log

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.â€

― J.R.R. Tolkien, the Hobbit