Forums are back in action! ×

All sound and fury signifying nothing! (Intro, and a question)

Hello everyone,

My name is Tracy (Wolffia) and I just joined Nerdfitness. I found it when I googled "body weight exercises",  because I had gotten sick of my recent inactivity, and wanted a workout routine I could do at home.

Little did I know, that would soon avalanche into me reading all the posts on the NerdFitness site, especially the ones about women and strength training. 

To make a short little introduction, I'm 25, female, and in school for Horticulture. We do a lot of landscape work, and in general horticulture is a very physical field, mostly male dominated though that's changing. Either way, you gotta lift! My goal on NerdFitness is to get in better shape, but most importantly, get stronger. Strength and energy have been a big problem for me these past few years, and I am absolutely confident I can train to get better :)

I'm planning on posting more of the details when I enter the six week challenge next week. I've submitted a form but I'm unsure of how it goes? Does someone contact me, or I get an email? I've read the faqs but I feel like I've missed out on this integral part, and I'm not sure when I should begin planning my six weeks. Any help would be appreciated!

Nerd info (very important): I love a lot of sci-fi, Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, SGA, Firefly, etc. I was also really into comics and anime when I was younger, not so much nowadays. I love fantasy, LOTR, Harry Potter, and various other fantastical things.

My biggest guilty pleasure is Neopets. Laugh all you want, but I've been playing that game since I was in middle school and I freaking love it! I've played a lot of different online games, and Neopets is the one I always go back to. Sorry not sorry XD. 

I'm also just starting to play Dungeons and Dragons with some old college friends. I haven't joined their campaign yet, but I've made up a character sheet for a rogue (though I kind of now wish it had been a warrior, just to match my strength goals).

My username, Wolffia, sounds pretty badass and barbarian. In actuality, Wolffia is a genus of plants, including the smallest flowering plant on the planet. Wolffia is usually found alongside duckweed in ponds and water systems. It's miniscule and tiny, but super tough and determined, and will take over your pond before you can even plan a tactical attack! It's one of my favourite plants, (I'm a huge plant nerd) and I thought small but pervasive was a good goal to aim for. 

Conclusion: Excited to be here, can't wait to start a challenge and get to know people in the community!

Hi and welcome!

Once you submit the entrance form, you are in! You develop your Main Goal and any side goals you want for your life and then from there choose your three fitness goals and one life goal for the 6-week challenge that will help you achieve those goals. Post them to your group (you would be first time challenge) and you are off to the races. You keep track of your progress and, if you want to, start a log in the Daily Battle Logs section.

Wolffia is a badass name. Wolffia and Duckweed would be great names for a superhero and a sidekick!

Again welcome and best of luck on your challenges

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

My biggest guilty pleasure is Neopets. Laugh all you want, but I've been playing that game since I was in middle school and I freaking love it! I've played a lot of different online games, and Neopets is the one I always go back to. Sorry not sorry XD. 

oh wow I loved Neopets when I was younger... now I feel all guilty about abandoning lil Phr33ky.. 

I'm going to do my first challenge this time round too after putting it off for utterly ages.

Wishing you all the best :)

| lvl3 | Amazon Warrior |
|str
6|dex1|sta5|con5|wis8|cha2|

| challenges | two | one | 

| mfp | l4dyh4wk |

oh wow I loved Neopets when I was younger... now I feel all guilty about abandoning lil Phr33ky.. 

I'm going to do my first challenge this time round too after putting it off for utterly ages.

Wishing you all the best :)

Thanks! I love your tag line, I'm working towards a squat butt too. I finally saw the squat post at NF and realized I've been doing them wrong my whole life! I can't wait to get my form straight so it starts working my butt instead of my knees

Thanks Wayne_Kent_Seago :) Is there a date to be posting this, for example, I have to wait until next week, or can I go ahead and post one this week? 

Duckweed would be a pretty awesome sidekick, haha :D Thanks for the welcome. 

I typically post mine on the day the challenge begins. I looked at the forums and it doesn't look like they are set for the one starting Monday, but they will be by Monday.

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8