Forums are back in action! ×

An Outside to Match the Inside

Inside my head, I'm the swiftest elf you'll ever meet. My intellect can do backflips, frontflips and perfect dismounts.

Inside my head I do battle everyday with demons and ghouls- sometimes they're mine and sometimes they belong to others who need help. 

My empathy levels are sky high. I know what people really mean when they speak in small talk, and I can read between the lines just as easily as I can read what's printed.

Inside my head I am an unstoppable force of nature.

But outside I feel puffy and unwieldy and wasted. 

My name is Calliopie. I'm 5'2 3/4'' and I recently hit 190lb. I am a massage therapist and I want to be a physical therapist-  clearly not because I'm a sports nut, but because bodies are the coolest machines with the best secrets. Giving someone motion they haven't had for years and taking away pain that has stuck around for decades is like magic. 

I'm observing at a physical therapy clinic, and it has mirrors everywhere. I've been so caught up in the rest of my life that I didn't notice... well, I didn't notice me.

Body disassociation is something I see and deal with daily in my clients. "You should treat your body like you would treat you best friend," is something I repeat ad nauseum.

Too bad I'm the Queen of Good Advice for Others.

The hypocrisy needs to end. I will be applying for graduate school next fall, which gives me one year to shape up, and its the shape I'm concerned about, not the size. 

My biggest challenges with exercise are getting started (information overload) and not getting bored (if my brain is out, I'm out). 

My biggest challenges with dieting are that the carbs are cheap and those sneaky traitors have taken up residence in my basal ganglia.

Also, breakfast and I haven't been on speaking terms for years. 

This place looks like a good place to be right now.

~Calliopie

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. -Thomas Jefferson

Hello Calliopie!

That's a beautiful name.

It's awesome that you take care of others. I too suffer from putting other's needs in front of my own sometimes, but some of the best advice I ever got was that being selfish isn't always a bad thing. As far as we know, we have one life to live and you deserve to have a great one, just as much as those people that you help.

There are a lot of good resources here to help you reach your goals.

Like for instance, not eating breakfast isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Ask questions around the forums to get a better idea of what to do next.

I wish you the best of luck!

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.