Forums are back in action! ×

Dead Lifted 100% of my bodyweight!

Just started SL5X5 a month ago, before that I had never done a deadlift before in my life. On friday I hit 225lbs for one set of five! My long term goal is to squat, bench, and deadlift my weight. I'm now officially a third of the way there!

Friday I managed to squat my weight for one rep. I'm now officially 2/3 of the way to my long term goal! Benching my weight is gonna take a while, but I'll get there.

• Like 1

Congrats on the Deadlift!!

Even more congrats on the Squat!!!

How far off the bench are you?

I have been folling Wendlers 5-3-1, similar in principle, has added a whole extra plate to my deadlifts!

"Whosoever touches this gem shall be granted the power of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak! Henceforth, you who read these words, shall become ... forevermore ... a human juggernaut!"

Battle Log

Congrats on the Deadlift!!

Even more congrats on the Squat!!!

How far off the bench are you?

I have been folling Wendlers 5-3-1, similar in principle, has added a whole extra plate to my deadlifts!

Thanks. I haven't tried a real max bench yet, but for SL5x5 I got up to 145 and stalled. Now I've deloaded and I'm working my way back up. Maybe I'll try to find out my best 1RM on Wednesday.

Still doing SL5x5, I had to take a couple months off and go to PT because I hurt my back. But I'm back on track and I figured these out last week:

CALCULATED one rep maxes are:

SQUAT 253lbs (did 255)

BENCH PRESS 186LBS (did 175)

ROW 158LBS (haven't tried yet)

DEADLIFT 343LBS (did 305)

OHP 124LBS (did 105)

So my DL PR is now about 140% of bodyweight (weight is down to 220)