Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys,

I've been reading these forums for quite some time but I finally decided to go ahead and make a profile because of all the great support I keep seeing around the boards.

I'm 24 years old and primarily working to build up my strength and muscle. I lost about 90 pounds in college and started a website to share some of my tips I learned along the way: http://www.patshealthfix.com

Aside from that, I'm a mechanical engineer in the solar power industry, a hockey fanatic, dog lover, coffee addict, tech nerd and love chatting and writing about health, fitness, and living an awesome life!

Cheers!

-Patrick

Welcome to the Rebellion! Sounds like you will have a lot of knowledge and inspiration to bring to the boards. What are your current health and fitness goals?

Thanks! I sure learned a lot over the past few years. The main reason I decided to join up is that I really believe in the principles that Steve teaches -- it's all about eating smart, workout out with intensity and real world movements, and being consistent. Like they say, it's a marathon, not a sprint!

My new goal is basically 2 part:

- Since graduating college and joining the 'real world' I've seen first hand how difficult it can be to fall back into bad habits. High calorie/carb lunches with co-workers and happy hours can really derail your goals. I'm using fitness to buck that trend and continue improving myself.

- I used to weigh a lot but never had much strength. Now I'm really focusing on building lean strong muscle with the big complex lifts. I'm working up to some big milestones in my head like benching/deadlifting/squatting my bodyweight and well beyond. I don't have a specific goal weight, but I do want to continuously gain strength and get leaner.

Welcome to the Rebellion! I am also a hockey fanatic (Go Red Wings!) and a coffee addict (my coffee drinking ability has been documented somewhere on this site, but I average 20 servings a day (I am trying to cut down)).

Uh oh, I am a pretty hardcore Blues fan! Hopefully we can still get along :-p

My family makes more coffee than any other I have ever seen... it seems like we are keeping folgers in business single handedly haha. I'm trying to cut down myself, but it's soo delicious!

I am sure that we can put aside any rivalries (except during the playoffs). There is an Avalanche fan on here somewhere, I just had two words to say about that: Darren McCarty! Greatest fight in the history of hockey (although that could be argued -- but any fight where all ten skaters were involved and both goalies has got to be a great one (plus, Lady Byng finalist, Igor Larionov was fighting. It must have been a good one.))