Forums are back in action! ×

[Georges] Accountability supports my goals.

Hey, you ran when you didn't want to - well done!  It takes time to do a complete turn around, so at least you're making progress

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Hey, you ran when you didn't want to - well done!  It takes time to do a complete turn around, so at least you're making progress

Thanks :)  It's so hard when the struggles are inside the brain... especially when they're the same battles I've had to fight before.  Changing the thought patterns again is so much harder than regaining the physical improvements...

• Like 1

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Tuesday & Wednesday:

No real outstanding wins or fails to report.

I didn't run on either day, and I ate a little too much last night for dinner.

I had to by an EasyOut.  I have not yet used it.

This week has started out just crappy enough to quell any enthusiasm,

but not disastrous enough to give me something to rally against.

Today (Thursday):

Full day at work, which is now a thing that happens on Thursdays, Fridays and Mondays.  (We'll see how long before it changes... again...)

Today is Long Run Day.  Probably hot and humid.  I'll just take it slow and bring plenty of drink.

Get back on track with eating.  It's been two weeks of intent, with very little progress, and I don't want to lose that little bit of progress.

Get the sheared bolt out of the lawn mower.  Or fail to do so, and plan to get a new mower.

Long Run Day is not conducive to getting much else done, but this evening I might plan out this weekend a bit.

Update/Edit:

Work wasn't horrible.

Talked myself out of a long run because I wouldn't have finished until 8pm.

Did my medium run instead: 5 miles in 1:09:00, which is good, for me.

Looking forward to the weekend.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.

Friday Update:

Worked.  Work is just... hard, lately.

Rest day, so no worries about not running. 

Relaxed w/Mr.Georges and leftovers and a movie

and went to bed a little early to make up for Thursday night's intermittent nightmares.

Saturday morning plan for the day:

Wrapping up coffee/breakfast.

Grocery shop.

Do the repair that I've been putting off/dreading all week.

Long Run :)

Whatever housework or yardwork I feel I can do after the long run.

I missed last weekend's long run, so this one might be a bit difficult.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Saturday morning plan for the day:

Wrapping up coffee/breakfast.

Grocery shop.

Do the repair that I've been putting off/dreading all week.

Long Run :)

Whatever housework or yardwork I feel I can do after the long run.

I missed last weekend's long run, so this one might be a bit difficult.

Got the lawn mower up and running... but it broke again, so I get to fix it one more time.  Our "lawn" is a jungle, now.

Long run went well for the first 8 miles, then was brutally hard for the last 4.  I missed last week's 10-mile, and the week before that was 8 miles (rough run, with heat stress).  So, it was nice that last week's distance went well, and not terribly surprising that adding 50% was overdoing it.

Next week's long is 14, then a shorter one the week after that to kick of taper week, and then on the 13th, the half I've been working toward.

Mr.Georges reminded me that last year's weight loss was all when I was doing the Beginners' BodyWeight Workout and counting calories, so I think I'll be adding bodyweight back in after July 13th (maybe sporadically before then), and at least log what I'm eating, even if I don't do a calorie count (which I guess I'll have to buckle down and do if I don't see results).

Sunday Food Log (I'll start them in the morning and edit to add)

• Coffee: 2x12-ish ounces. 
  • (off to find some food for breakfast)
  • Bagel w/butter
  • 12 extra oz coffee
  • veggie dogs & roll
  • chicken stock & veggies over rice
  • egg rolls
  • was going to have some yogurt "for dessert," but I'm not hungry, so it'll wait until tomorrow.

Mr.Georges re-fixed the lawn mower, so I didn't have to do that today.  :)  I did a tiny bit of mowing and a lot of raking.

Plenty of water and unsweet iced tea today.  The Runger hit mid-day, but I didn't let it rule me, and I'm feeling neither hungry nor over-full at about 30 minutes until bedtime.

All in all, a pretty good day.

Plan for tomorrow (Monday):

Work 8-5.

Possibly mow some, since there's more left to do.

Finish up the sewing project I've been neglecting.

Eat like a rational person.

I still haven't packed away winter clothes, so maybe I'll spend 15 minutes starting that.  (You can do anything for just 15 minutes.)

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Congrats on finishing your run! And I hear you on the lawn - ugh.

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Monday Battlelog

Ugh.  I'm just tired today.  (Bad sleep again last night.)

... Um let's see.

Food:

coffee, egg rolls

coffee, veggie-chickenstock stuff on rice, plus veg dogs because I was still hungry

some water, but I just realized I should have more.

will edit to add dinner when I've had it.

Edit to add: more water turned into Nuun instead.  I'm not sure if I actually needed any extra electrolytes, but it tasted mighty good.

stuffed shells (cottage cheese & spinach & red sauce & pasta & mozzarella

salad

garlic toast (storebought bread)

Worked.

Went to the bank, and grocery store.

That's all I've got so far.

I feel like I should do more.

did not do more.

Tomorrow's a shorter workday, and Noaa isn't showing thunderstorms, so maybe I'll mow tomorrow, after my shortrun.  Mr.Georges got almost all of it done, except a patch we have with trees - he's over a foot taller, so I try to do that bit because fewer branches attack me.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Tuesday

I am glad it is a short workday.

Noaa is back to predicting thunderstorms (30% chance).

Weight's back up this morning.

Is it weird that my portioning "system" last night at dinner was to

just take 1/2 as much as Mr.Georges?  (Of the pasta dish, not the other stuff)

Tuesday Food Log:

coffee

bagel w/butter

more coffee

(to be updated)

lunch: leftover pasta dish

dinner's taking too long snack: cup of strawberry yogurt

dinner: chicken and noodles and tomato-y sauce.  with a little cheese.

Hmm... a bit light on the veggies, heavy on the grains.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

It's only weird if it doesn't work :)

• Like 1

It's only weird if it doesn't work :)

Well, I guess I'll find out in the long run :)

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Wednesday Food Log:

AM weigh in: 167

Coffee

Bagel & Butter

still hungry, so the last 2 veggie dogs.

(breakfast @ ~460 calories)

Lunch: Chinese Restaurant food.

Dinner: the other half ^

mfp says I went over my calorie goal, and from what I know about food,

it underestimated some of the restaurant food.

This is the third week I've been back, and I think it's just about time to switch out of Observation Mode and into Making Small Changes Mode.

Plan for today:

work (short day)

mowing if it's dry enough

trip into town (errands & AmericanChinese Restaurant food)

Medium Run (5 miles), or if it's thundery out, BBW#1

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Thoughts on small changes:

Tracking what I eat doesn't seem to be useful to me.  Back to mfp for calorie counts.

Tweaked mfp "goals" to set at maintenance, since I haven't settled on a deficit/loss amount in my goals. 

Therefore, goal is to stay in the green (at or below maintenance calories).

Need to compartmentalize more, because work is stressing me out enough to keep me from enjoying the rest of life.

Need to add something besides running.

Need to form some long term goals.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

I hear you on the work thing - my bf complains that I complain about work too much.  That's one of the reasons my current goal is to limit the time I spend dwelling on work during my "rest of life" hours

• Like 1

I definitely need to leave work-stress at work.  I've been thinking of it as venting stress, but maybe I'm just wasting more of my energy and staying upset, really.

Yesterday didn't go well.

Work was short (Yay!)

Mowing didn't happen.  Our "showers" was really an "all day heavy rain."

Got about half of what we wanted to get done in town done.

Did not exercise.

Today is a new day.

Plan:

Work is a full day.

Run, regardless of weather.

That's about it.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

I am finding that the less often I vent about work, the less time I stay angry about it.  I'm working on a time limit for venting each day - anything under 15 minutes is good.  That gives me enough time to express why I may be grouchy or tired or whatever but isn't enough time that I really start to dwell. Maybe that could work for you

• Like 1

Today is a new day.

Plan:

Work is a full day.

Run, regardless of weather.

That's about it.

And that was about it.  mfp says I did okay with calories, but I'm suspicious of the numbers I found for some of the homemade stuff.

I don't feel over-full or hungry, though, so in that sense I did okay.

Did a short run.  Felt strong, because so many days of no running, so I pushed a bit.  3 miles @12:47/mile.  My goal for the half on July 13 is sub 3 hours, which is 13:44/mile, and that's supposed to be achievable for someone who can run 3@ 12:47/mile.  So that's encouraging.  While poking the numbers around, I also remembered that old estimate that 1 ounce of weight adds 1 second per mile to pace.  I suspect that really only holds as a sloppy average (no one wants a rule that says .95345 seconds, or 1.04 seconds), for well trained runners (because there's much 'lower hanging fruit' than shaving an ounce off shoe weight for runners like me), but even with a chunky margin of error, it implies that my lungs and muscles are doing as well as last year, and that what I really need to work on is getting my weight back down.

Didn't work on anything else today, and I'm feeling the lack of progress on many fronts.  Tomorrow is Friday, though, with a medium (but easy pace) run planned, and then it's the weekend.  I'd like to get a lot done.

It will be The Weekend of Relentless Forward Progress.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Friday Update:

I think I have to just accept that Friday is going to be a rest day.  By the time I get home, and unwind my brain from work, it's too late to get anything done without disrupting my sleep schedule.

I'm going to start planning to run on Tues, Wed, and long run on the weekend.

When I get going with bodyweight again, that can fall on my long work days, I think.

mfp confirms my hunch that I was over on calories, since I didn't run.  :(

Saturday Plan:

Mowing/yard cleanup.

Trip to town to do all the stuff I didn't get done last time we went.

Some laundry, sweeping.

Eat appropriately. 

Maybe a short walk.  Tomorrow is long run day, last one before the half.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Saturday Plan:

Mowing/yard cleanup.

Trip to town to do all the stuff I didn't get done last time we went.

Some laundry, sweeping.

Eat appropriately. 

Maybe a short walk.  Tomorrow is long run day, last one before the half.

Saturday Actual:

Went to town, got stuff done.

Didn't get anything done at home except to sweep the room that needed it most.

mfp says I went over on calories.

Walked 1.5 miles.

Sunday Plan:

fueling up for long run.

want to start before it gets hot.

I'm not actually heat-acclimating at all this year :(

Sunday:

Run = awful.  heat exhaustion.

mfp says I was under on calories.  I didn't count the trudging, just the running part of the run, so probably at maintenance for yesterday and today combined.

I'm just not ready to face Monday.  Maybe I will feel better after sleep.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Slept.  Feel Better.  The scale tells me that I didn't re-hydrate as well as I thought yesterday.

Monday's Plan:

Work.

Rehydrate.

Rest day.

There were only a couple of runs during this training that took the whole day after for recovery.

I could get to like half marathon distance, I think.

But I like them better in the fall.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Tuesday Plan:

Work a little.  It's already a rough week there.

Don't get heat exhaustion.  This probably means not running.

Get to the bank.

Do some housework.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Tuesday Plan:

Work a little.  It's already a rough week there.

Don't get heat exhaustion.  This probably means not running.

Get to the bank.

Do some housework.

Didn't get any housework done (except drying dishes to help out Mr.Georges while he washed).

Did get to town for a couple of leftover errands from last weekend.

500 calorie deficit, but I felt underfed. 

Wednesday plan:

Check in at work, but prolly take the day off.

Call the vet for appointments (yearly shots).

Probably make some bread/dough for the weekend.

Make use of the air conditioner.  This is the first summer we've had one.  It's in one room, but

I could get housework or yardwork done and take cooling-off breaks.  Maybe even a workout.

I'd forgotten just how much 20 extra pounds wrecks my ability to deal with heat.  As if the

terrible body image, slower running, and hit to the wardrobe weren't enough.

On a more positive note, today's weigh in was 167 again. Just the beginning of seeing results.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

It's not really okay that I don't feel like it's cool enough to function until bedtime.

I guess I should be glad that it's still cool enough to sleep at night...

Another non-productive day.

:(

Thursday plan:

full day of work.

stuff i didn't do today.

prep for holiday weekend visiting.

I just noticed it's Week 4 of the Challenge.  I kind of feel like I have those Week 4 Blahs, even though I didn't challenge this time around.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Thursday plan:

full day of work.

stuff i didn't do today.

prep for holiday weekend visiting.

worked.

mixed up dough for tomorrow.

called my mum.

didn't housework (except dish drying again).

didn't workout.

didn't call the vet.

over on calories (I think.  It's hard to estimate things like stir fry), and kind of hungry going to bed.

stressed and tired and whiney, so I'm logging off.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Even if things aren't going as planned, I'm impressed you're still checking in daily.  I tend to only post when things are going well, which isn't always helpful

Even if things aren't going as planned, I'm impressed you're still checking in daily.  I tend to only post when things are going well, which isn't always helpful

:)

It kind of a newer thing for me - I'd love to be able to understand why things start going badly, and when they get better, how I can make that happen sooner.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden