Forums are back in action! ×

Hi my name is Jeni. I'm a 27 year old stay at home mom. I'm from central Arkansas. I joined nerd fitness a couple months ago but never really did anything with it until recently. I'm a semi-beginner runner(started back in March). I love running. I'm also very interested in crossfit and would love to eventually find a place around here locally to get started. My biggest goal is I want to be healthy so I can keep up with my 3 year old son.

Hi.  My name is Sam Miller.  The photo of my self is an accurate depiction of what I looked like 3 years ago before I began gaining weight.  The last 3 years were the most difficult time in my life.  I nearly lost everything that is important to me, my wife, my kids, my home and my life savings.  I lost the savings but fortunately got to keep the kids and the wife and the home (so far). 

After my wife and I were both laid off from our jobs, I decided the only way I was going to be able to support my family in the same way as I had, is to start my own business.  I went into warrior mode and well...stopped communicating with everyone in my life.  My wife would ask me to talk and I would yell at her in response, saying "there's nothing to talk about.  I just have ot fix this."  I put in all nighters 2 or 3 nights a week.  I'd get 3-4 hours of sleep per night, when I could sleep.  I stopped eating anything even remotely healthy and stopped working out completely. 

After three years of working from a place of scarecity, my business failed.  I went back to work in the same industry I was in.  I patched things up with my wife and my kids and now I'm left with the damage I did to my body.  I gained 80 lbs, developed high blood pressure, sleep apnea and struggle with depression.  My body aches like what I would think a person twice my age might feel like, if they too were as out of shape as I am.   

Anyway - my goal is to get back to the place I was health wise, before this all began.  I have had success in the past giving myself a big goal and placing bets with friends that I can achieve that goal - as my motivation .  So I bet several friends a nominal amount of money that I could lose 60 lbs by Christmas.

My plan involves doing the insanity work outs along with intermittent fasting.  For the past couple of weeks I have been juicing and doing very moderate walking on the treadmill just to sort of kick things off and get my body somewhat prepared.  Tomorrow starts my insanity works out..     

I have a separate bet with my friends that I can lose an additional 15 lbs by Memorial day 2014.  But with this bet, I also need to wrestle one of said friends and pin him in 3 seconds.  I agreed to this bet mainly to keep me focused not only on weight loss but on getting in enough shape to be able to last a 3 minute wrestling match, which doesn't sound like much.  If you've never wrestled before, it's a lot tougher than it sounds. 

Anyway - I'm not sure how much assistance, motivation, help, etc.. I can get from this forum, but I figure it can't hurt.  Who knows who I'll meet and what wil happen. 

Feel free to say hi and wish me luck.  I'll stop in as often as I can and give ya'll some up dates. 

Sam Miller