Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone ever use "Food on the Table"?

I've never used it, but I do remember my mum planning meals every week - she would do a different protein every day (monday = chicken, tuesday = pork, wednesday = beef, thursday = something ground, friday = fish, saturday = vegetarian something, sunday = wildcard) and had four or five recipes of each which she would rotate through. Each recipe had a lot of ingredients which could get reused each week (spices, mustard, etc) and so the shopping list would be vegetables, one of each protein, and grains ('cause this was pre-low carb'ville). Dunno if this would be applicable/interesting to you, but I figured I'd offer it. :)

I have no experience with Food on the Table, but I did subscribe to The Scramble ( http://thescramble.com/ ) for about 8 months starting in January last year. Every week, I received several recipes for the week. Given that I was only cooking for myself and my husband, we usually picked 3 meals that would provide leftovers, which lasted through the week and provided 1 night out. Using this service, I finally learned the awesomeness of grocery shopping for 1 week of meals every Sunday. I stopped my Scramble subscription after I began to eat less and less breads/tortillas/pasta, but the lessons learned stuck. I still plan out our meals for the week and quite enjoy my weekly grocery shopping trip.

@hillarief

You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt