Forums are back in action! ×

Oh yes, Mr. Steve, I am definitely IN...

...because reading NF makes me want to rush out and run laps around the block or find an entire brigade of ninjas to single-handedly thwart. *puffs out chest, best Brock Sampson voice* BRING IT ON!! :)

So why am I here? Because early last year, I developed a serious crush on the act of "just seeing if I can do this." It has become my whole life philosophy, boiled down into one sweetly simple idea. I've always been a string bean without any oomph behind my waify frame. When I graduated from university last year, I became the first person in my family to have a college degree. It felt so GOOD. I worked so hard and grew so much and then...accomplishment. Hmmm, that's a heady feeling. I wonder what else I can do?

So, last fall, I decided to expand my long-time personal yoga practice into a side business. I lived on an ashram in the northern California Sierra Nevada mountains for four weeks, studying and practicing asanas, meditation, and pranayama for 7,8,9 hours a day. I picked up a lot of discipline there and it only fueled my "I did it!" addictions. Not long after returning home, I started jogging and before I knew it, committed to running my first marathon (this October, GAH!). My fiance is a cyclist and I love to bike, so I'm already toying with the idea of signing up for a triathlon next spring.

Simultaneously, my new body awareness led me to question my dietary choices in conjunction with a few health issues I have had for most of my adult life. With a new respect for the perfectly designed machine that is the human body as well as a deeper connection to the earth that sustains it, I made the choice to become a vegan earlier this year. I continue to feel better with each healthy bump along the wellness spectrum and this choice is no different. I feel lighter, leaner, brighter, and quicker. I don't feel "food logged" after a meal and I have come to believe that a person's diet is a uniquely intimate choice that everyone must investigate and decide for themselves. This newly developed set of beliefs led me to do a 180 career turn and I return to university this fall to pursue my dream of becoming a registered dietitian.

I love my life now and am so grateful for the serendipitous series of events that have led me to this path. My only question now is, What next? :) I'm thinkin' the next NF 6 week challenge fits the bill just right!!

Intentional ignorance is the greatest of all evils.

First Challenge: Next Level

Welcome aboard CasiLeigh.

Try out the 6 week challenge, perhaps getting a bit more into cycling can be one goal?

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge