Forums are back in action! ×

ATL folks: Something fun, active, and different to do...

I know there's lots of Atlanta folks here, so I figured I'd put this out there in case there's any interest.

The 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month, a bunch of people meet in Piedmont Park for something called Play In the Park. Basically we hang out, enjoy the weather, and play with different kinds of circus arts and stuff, like poi (those fireballs on chains you see dancers swing around in Hawaii...they're surprisingly good for the arms), hooping, juggling, acro-yoga, contact juggling (David Bowie with that clear ball in the movie Labyrinth? That's contact juggling), staff, stilt walking, tightrope walking, dance, drumming, music, martial arts, climbing trees, flying kites, tossing frisbees, or just hanging out. If we're really lucky someone may occasionally bring a trapeze or aerial silks and rig 'em to a tree branch to play on. It's a really fun, active afternoon with a great vibe and awesome people that are all happy to share their skills if you're interested in learning.

If you're in Atlanta and would ever like to join us, here's the Play In The Park Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=133154257407&ref=ts

It generally goes from around 3pm to around 7pm. If you enter Piedmont Park from the entrance on 10th Street at Charles Allen Drive, walk past the little freestanding bathroom, and you'll see the hippie circus freaks on your right.