Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all!

I'm Caitlin: female, just turned 30, living in Southwestern Ontario. I'm a molecular biologist, a costumer, a giant sci-fi and fantasy geek, and I run a non-profit anime & geek culture convention.

I'm not overweight, but I'm pretty darn unfit. :( I'm tired of looking one way in my head and looking another in the mirror. I'm tired of always being handed the lightest item to carry because of my weak girly arms.

I want to feel fit, I want to feel strong, I want to be a better fencer, and yes, damn it, I want to make pretty/sexy (not slutty) cosplay costumes and not be too embarrassed to wear them.

I've been reading about the paleo diet and better fitness for a couple months now, but I need a kick in the butt to actually apply what I'm learning, instead of just reading about it.

I just bought the Rebel Fitness Guide today. My main reason for joining the forum was to post about it publicly, join the current 6 week challenge, and garner enough accountability to not to fall off the planet and actually do this.

There is no such thing as an automatic door... just gentleman ninjas.

Welcome aboard Kitty!, so you bought the eponymous guide.

If you are serious about strength, slowly and consistently work your way up the Rebel Fitness Guide's Strength chapters.

Be careful and, for that little kick, think about the future pretty cosplay you if you work out everyday!

By the way, establish an hour that is guaranteed, like before a major meal.

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge

Thanks for the welcome! ^_^

I'm working on an inspirational poster to put up.

By the way, establish an hour that is guaranteed, like before a major meal.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, sorry. Establish an hour for what? Working out?

There is no such thing as an automatic door... just gentleman ninjas.