Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, My name is Mathieu, 

I just realise that I already posted stuff on the forum and even start a challenge but never introduce myself. So here it is :)  I am an average men who have discovered bike riding 2 years ago.

I wasn't into sport or fitness at all before that. I was still active though others activity, like sword fighting, walking and just being outside. I am also a huge tabletop RPG fan. I am playing with a group at home every weekend. 

The first I have done anything serious, outside my usual goofing around was at my 25th birthday were my mom took me to Mnt. Katahdin. I will spare you the details but suffice to say that I was Amazed by the experience. But I was so out of shape that it took me everything to climb down. Everything hurt. i was sitting on bigger rocks to climb them down just because It was too hard to jump them down.. and my mom was just hopping down the trail like nothing. I wanted to do that too. because the view from up the top was so special.   

Last year, one of my friend have join me for bike rides, we had a lot of fun, talking game and character creation while seeing places we never really saw before. Last May, the two of us had an idea!! Form a group via Google plus to gatter other gamers (ok the rest of our gaming clan really) and try to encourage them to get in shape the way they want so we could live better and feel better. 3 of my friends used to be in a lot better shape than I ever were, but with only one summer of biking and a few hikes I was outrunning them in every aspect which I was finding kind of sad.  So after a few weeks of brainstorming, we have created the team *Gamer Unleashed*. My friend even made a logo to put on our shirt and all.

But I soon understood that I couldn't motivate them to do more than they were doing, I had to give them space and all so they could go at their own rhythm.  I was more and more motivated to try new stuff, go faster and eat more kilometers. But even my friend who were following me almost everytime have started to slow down (which is very understandable considering everything going on in his life recently). So I have found  myself talking to myself on the group, posting link to others activity and honestly, I was starting to lose motivation along the way...  I was feeling lonely in all this and I LOVE sharing my idea and what is going on. Not that I want congratulations, more because I Like sharing and hope to motivate people doing the same.

So I was looking on the Internet to find articles who can interest them, or something.  I was considering closing the group because Monologuing on it was very frustrating to me and I was thinking that if it doesn't interest them, I could as well stop posting to them and do it all by myself. But, as I was making my decision, One of them post something. He was going to do martial art again. I was SO glad that he share it with us that I have found new motivation to continue a little longer. I have found Nerd Fitness in the same time. It is exactly what I wanted our group to become one day, since then I even recruited a new member who isn't in our gaming group.

So to me everything just fits perfectly to encourage me to continue. I have signed up to a 6 weeks challenge to help me finish my running plan (I use endomondo a Lot).

I want to try running, kayaking, I LOVE Hiking and Biking. I want to try new stuff. I love seeing new places, eat the kilometers. I like to do stuff with my family, I have 2 boys one of them is almost 3 y old and the other 8 month old. finding time in our regular schedule is not easy since my girlfriend and I have not similar work schedule.

So I am doing a lot with my kids only and sometime with my friends and their kids.  I am starting fitness and different training plan because I want to see more :) and be able to show my sons nice places (at their age I will have to carry at least one of them most of the time) and to do that I have to be stronger and have more endurance. that is my motivation

Mathieu *Gamer Unleashed*,
Level 4 Hobit scout
STR 8|DEX 5|STA 7|CON 6|WIS 7|CHA 4