Forums are back in action! ×

6 Impossible Things...

Hey I'm Kristin! I've been reading the blog for a while now, amassing my information... and now I'm starting. I'm 30, have no stamina, no strength, bad eating habits, and a general sloth attitude toward life. This is all going to change. I'm going to meet 6 Goals that seem impossible from the start, but are totally doable.

Goals:

1. Go 100% Paleo Diet, 80% of the time

2. Optimize my mental state - good mental health, balance, etc.

3. Gain strength - lift REALLY HEAVY THINGS

4. Look Amazing - Achieve that muscly toned look that Staci has. Not be afraid to wear a bathing suit.

5. Accountability - Be a mad scientist and track all my stats and keep myself accountable with friends, forums, and family.

6. Life & Skills: Gain tons of new skills, successes in all areas of life - Financial, Social, Fitness, Learn a Martial Arts, etc. - Bucket List Items

I focus on 6 areas and do one little thing each month to make it better, then next month I add something new into and continue to build until I max out my levels and move on to the next one...

The 6 areas are Eat, Exercise, Body, Accountability, Life and Skills and Mental.

Level 1 Begins today and for each category this is my habit to make:

1. Eat - Take a picture of everything I eat. Know what you eat

2. Mental - Get some good sleep - Start a Bedtime - 11pm! No excuses!

3. Exercise - At least 15 minutes of movement daily - walk or bust a move

4.Body - Daily Affirmations - "I am beautiful and strong." Say this every morning while looking at myself if the mirror.

5. Accountability - Journal my mood and allergies in my Fitbit Dashboard

6. Life & Skills - No credit cards this month! I WILL NOT USE THEM. THEY ARE DEAD TO ME.

That's the start! I feel good about this and I have just 5 Rules I pulled from the Food Addiction Post...

1. I do not eat french fries.

2. I do not eat candy.

3. I do not eat while driving.

4. I do not eat at my desk while working.

5. I do not drink coffee.

I'm really good at planning and poor at execution... so I am here to gain a supportive community to keep me on the path and playing and winning in the game of life! \

I can do 6 things everyday to make my life better! I'm looking forward to not stopping!

Kristin

Welcome to Nerd Fitness.  Looks like you have put some thought into this already.  Might I suggest joining in on the current 6 week challenge (it just started Monday).  It's a good way to get started creating healthy habits and having a support group to make sure you stick to your goals.  Challenge here.  Rules here.  FAQ here.

Level 4 Secret Agent Assassin

STR - 5  DEX - 4  STA - 6  CON - 4  WIS - 10  CHA - 7

6 Week Challenge - Mission 160

Kristin -- I just joined today and your post sounds so familiar to me.  I am really good at planning things out, terrible at following through.  I joined Nerd Fitness to help me with the accountability of my meticulous planning as well.  I like that you're trying to level up your non-fitness life too... I am too.  I also have the sloth attitude problem and I think working towards getting everything in life in order will help me get healthy overall.  I look forward to seeing what your "Level 2" goals are :]