Forums are back in action! ×

Noobie Alert!!

Hiyos~ I'm a total noobie when it comes to fitness.  Had a gym pass for over 5 years... but probably been in there for less than 5 weeks.  I been dating this guy for about a year.  He is fit, loves the gym and working out.  Just last week, he told me that he and some friends are going to hike up to Mt. Whitney in the first week of October.  Guess what... he didn't invite me!? Reason? He didn't think I will make it... I had a moment of Lord of the Ring where Samwise was like, "Don't leave me Mr. Baggins!!"  This is when it struck me.  Am I really that weak?! This really fired me up.  I want to go on an epic journey to reach the highest point of the lower 47 states! So I been doing walks/hikes for the last week as well as squats and presses with a slush log (my boyfriend made me).  Mixed up with a bit of tread mill and zumba class.  However, I have find myself having less energy and depressed.  I started to worry what if my sores and aches and the low energy carries on to the hike.  This is why I started looking for other resources on the hike as well as fitness.  This is how I found this site.

Even though I don't know much about fitness, but I'm a total gamer.  If I can gamify working out, I think I can keep more of a routine going.  I need a fast trak way to bring up my energy and get ready for my epic journey.  And even after this journey, I would like to keep on preparing for other epic journeys ahead so I won't be left behind again.  Btw, lvl 1 noobie lfg!! :) 

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/83-Image-2.jpg