Forums are back in action! ×

I want to Grow taller

vehl

Hi Rebellion,

My name is Vehl and I am currently looking for a job in IT. 

I came upon to NF when I was feeling very down. Nothing was happening in my life. I literally googled "what to do when you are feeling down", that’s when one of the search results came up with Nerd fitness. After coming to Nerd fitness, I had a different experience. I started to believe that it was no accident I came to Nerd fitness. I feel this community of heroes is exactly what I am looking for. To live a better life.

I want to lose my weight and look healthy and confident. I want to grow out of my shell and explore. I am very short and usually looked down on. I am only 150cm.

I want to change that. I would like to grow taller. I want to get at least to average height.

What I am asking is, please help me. Please provide me with some ideas and tips to help me grow taller.

This is the only place I believe, I can gain a better life.

I would like to be part of a success story where people have gained their life and living a wonderful life.

Hope to hear from fellow rebellions. Rebellion rocks!

Vehl

I was 22 when I stopped growing, but really just embrace being short, we fit into places where other people don't and we can make consensions easier than a really big person; I can get into a Prius and drive away where as my super huge co-worker has to have the seat all the way back and it is still super tight for him. I really want to see him in a real mini cooper

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

When growing slows down or stops at a height you aren't comfortable with, it's either because of genes (your parents weren't tall), because of malnutrition in your youth, or some hormonal imbalance or dysfunction. Unfortunately this problem can only be fixed by medication (before puberty), very painful surgeries, or by faking it (shoes with height build in etc.) 

Fortunately there are also some things that can be done to look taller, even when you're not. Walk with your head held high and your spine straight. Walk with confidence. The right style of clothing can do magic for your body image, which makes you appear taller (ask any fashionista). In the clothing stores ask for the do's and don'ts. 

I know it's hard when your body image does not reflect what you desire to look like. I struggle with that too, every day, part of the reason why I joined this. I think - though - that perhaps you should not focus on your height, because that is not something you can do anything about - but focus instead on your confidence, health and strength. And hey, you might never become the tallest person on the planet, but you can become the best, healthiest, strongest 150 cm. And when you work on that, after a while, I'm sure your height doesn't matter a bit anymore.

Good luck! *hug* 

height is a really funny thing, i am fairly tall, probably at the top end of the average scale at 6 foot, but i felt as though people i work with were a lot taller than me, this it turned out wasn't the case. it was down to my own self esteem vs there's one guy was a good few inches shorter than me but walked around like a boss. i was convinced in my mind he was taller than me, someone actually had to point out that he wasn't. the truth is unless trying out to be a super model if you walk around like a boss with your head high, shoulders back, chest out and a warm grin on your face, you will be the biggest guy in the room regardless of what the tape measure says.