Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys!

My name is Vaughn, and I've been a longtime reader of this site. I finally decided it was time to get involved with this excellent community that I've heard so much about, as well as finally getting started on improving myself through fitness. When it comes to how well I've done in diet and exercise in the past, my attempts have always started out well until they slowly trickled into failure. After a week or so, I would slowly stop doing the routines that I created for myself, and then drift into mediocrity. I honestly believe that discipline, hard work, and this community can help me get into a position to finally achieve these fitness goals, and I look forward to doing all I can to help others achieve their goals as well.

I must confess that I'm new to message boards in general, so I'm not exactly sure what to expect as far as how online communities function, but I'm looking forward to meeting an awesome group of people who share the same motivations as I do in crafting the life that we all want for each other. I look forward to meeting you all, and embarking on our journey to level up our lives!

~ Vaughn

~Loren: Thanks for welcoming me, and for offering to help me figure out how to find my way in online communities. If I get stuck or something doesn't make sense, I will definitely ask you. This seems like a great community, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

~Crooked: Thank you for the warm welcome! The type of fitness routines I'm looking to get into is a mix between Intervals, and resistance training. I prefer to build muscle through body weight exercises instead of free weights, since I don't really have access to a gym or weights of my own that I could use. Right now, the simple routine that I've started following is this:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Interval Training by following the "Couch to 5K" program (found here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml )

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: I slowly work my way up to performing 100 pushups, 200 situps, and 200 squats by following the beginners level of their respective programs (found here: http://hundredpushups.com/ )

This has slowly worked, but for someone who has been out of shape for awhile, it's been tough to perform even these basic exercises. I'm determined to do it though, and if you know any good workout routines that can cover intervals and resistance training, please let me know. I don't really have any idea of how to set up a good workout routine, or how I can tell if one is actually beneficial to me or a worthless expenditure of my energy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!