Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Seattle

Hi everyone!

I'm new to joining the Rebel ranks. In my quest for those elusive 6-pack abs, I've found my way here. While I haven't read every single page of the site, I found many things that I like about it so far.

I'm a forty something quasi-active person with a family and trying to find a way to feel like I did in my early 20s. Yep, good luck with that, we all get old right? And there was the challenge my wife threw down, "you'll never be able to get to that weight." Anyhow, I started a modified Paleo diet this past May and I lost 29 lbs (down from 190) by the end of August.

Twenty nine pounds down without feeling like I've missed out on things - I've fallen off the wagon, rolled around in the dirt and got back on the horse. After meeting my weightloss goal, I'm onto my next goal - get to about 10% body fat and have those elusive six pack abs.

Being a martial artist, not having to carry an extra 29 lbs has increased my endurance. Where I would be dying 6 months ago, I find myself saying, "is this all you got?! Give me some more!"

I think my schedule is demanding - I'm sure that other people work much harder than I do. I work 4-10 hour days and I have a two hour round trip commute. And somehow I find an hour during my day to do some cardio (seeking those 6-pack abs). I've found out here that cardio isn't the way to go, so I'm wondering what else I've got to change to get the results that I want.

There are some great tidbits of information I've learned here which I'm going to implement tomorrow.

I look forward to meeting you all and sharing my results.

-AJ

Welcome from another Seattleite-well actually from the Eastside suburbs, but close to Seattle! I'm also a 40 somethinger. I can't say I feel like I'm 20, but I am stronger than when I was 20 and have great energy, so I'm happy !

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27