Forums are back in action! ×

Hello,

Just joined Nerd Fitness last week.  I was very happy to find this site and community.

I am a 30 years old, work a lot, and have a high stress job where I deal with people and animals.  I have 3 dogs, 2 cats, and no children yet.  I currently weigh 184 lbs and would like to weigh 150 - 155 lbs.  I took a photo of myself last week and then had my husband hide the scale.  I wont be able to make it long without weighing myself.

Over the past ~10 years, I have tried many methods of losing weight and have always been unsuccessful.  As in, I just can not lose weight.  I have done diets and exercise before with little or no results.  Diet wise I have tried weight watchers, biggest loser, dukan, and counting calories.  Counting calories worked a little, but I was eating 1200 calories a day and working out for an hour a day and as soon as I couldn't keep that up what weight I did lose came right back.  

I have played sports my whole life and have always been fit, just overweight.  My frame can carry a lot of muscle.  I have been working out with a trainer since December doing circuit training and I run on my off days.  I am so much stronger now and I know I look better, but I have lost 8 lbs in that time.  I was down 11, but I visited my in-laws and gained 5 lbs in a week (no eating bad and working out every day).  I love to work out and am excited to learn more about it here.

With the community here, I know I will be successful this time.

Thanks for reading my story ;-)

You will be successful! :D

You've got the Rebellion behind you now :)

And I find that these 6 week challenges are really good for small pockets of awesome motivation and everyone pulling together, especially with the mini-challenges!

What sort of thing are your long term goals? :)

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

You can do it!

Strength training is great, helps you keep the fat off, because the more muscle you have the more calories you burn each day. Don't be afraid to hit the weights!

Best of luck with weight loss goals :)

Race: Hobbit

Class: Warrior

Level: 3

STR: 12 DEX: 3 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 3 CHA: 4

Check out my first challenge! http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38158-lawrences-super-adventure/