Forums are back in action! ×

I Just Got Fired

So, Deis, you and I are in a similar boat!

I got fired for "not being happy enough in my job," so it's almost like I quit. They just beat me to the punch.

Looking for work is going to suck, but since I have a fledgling business I'm trying to get off the ground, I'm considering this to be an opportunity rather than a setback. That job was boring and humiliating, and although it paid well, I'm willing to take a paycut and be happy rather than pretend I care about a job I hate.

So tonight we're having pizza and vodka drinks, even though my cheat day isn't supposed to be until Friday. I figure I'll just switch altogether and try to be really careful on Friday (there's a family party that night - I'll be required to have at least a bite of cake baked by the grandmother).

Tomorrow morning I'll go back to being an adult, but tonight I'll be dealing with the humiliation of getting fired, which always sucks, even when it's a blessing in disguise.

Overcoming adversity! In a few hours.