Forums are back in action! ×

Getting in shape as part of forgetting someone

So here is my story.

I started working out, loosing weight and getting in shape a month and a half ago, a 2 weeks after that, my gf broke up with me.

Now i'm trying to get over it, but as you'd imagine, it's not like you are overflowing with motivation and joy after a break up, so i didn't train ... like anything. 

But i'm back now!  :playful:

At least i think so...

And after a while i thought.... well, we are all nerds of some kind, we are all looking for better lives one way or another... maybe it's time for me to talk to these guys, show them who i am, and see what they've got to say :)

I'm Felipe, i'm from Chile, i'm 1.68 cms and 89 Kg. (I was 97kg 3 months ago).

I usually go hiking, and go riding my bike to work (I'm an sales account admin at Dell... sow you'd imagine the amount of exercise i do on a daily basis) and when i have the time, to college (IT engineer).

I'm new, i'm looking to stay motivated, i wanted to show you guys i'm here to stay, and also tell you a little bit about myself.

(btw, I play LOL also)

I guess all i have to say is ...

GL HF and thanks for having this community

Felipe

Greeting Felipe and welcome.

Reading your story brings back some memories of my own....almost in the same situation, only my girlfriend broke up with me, and the next week i was working out to keep my mind on other things, as im sure you have noticed it stays on one thing for a while....so to clear my head and feel better about everything, i joined up here and started working out, and im loving it...feeling great, so do it man !! get out there, workout, go on those hikes...everyone is here to help you along the way and to keep you motivated !

Greeting Felipe and welcome.

Reading your story brings back some memories of my own....almost in the same situation, only my girlfriend broke up with me, and the next week i was working out to keep my mind on other things, as im sure you have noticed it stays on one thing for a while....so to clear my head and feel better about everything, i joined up here and started working out, and im loving it...feeling great, so do it man !! get out there, workout, go on those hikes...everyone is here to help you along the way and to keep you motivated !

Well my brain does stays on one thing... which is her...   :numbness: and it's not as enjoyable as i would want, so it's great to read you and to relate to someone, thanks for your words and the cheer-up.

Really looking forward to feel better 

Hi Felipe!
Great to have you on board :D I hope you feel better soon!

I have been using workout out to cleanse myself after I've had a bad day, so it might be hard to take your mind off things, but working out will help you feel (and look!) better :)

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

I'm actually getting over things... slow but steady

Going out to run some Kms (4 now ) really i feel like clearing my head.

I'm doing the beginner workout 3 times a week, and yesterday was the first day i managed to pull the 3 series completely.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

So, thanks for the help guys!

I think Ill be joining the 6 week challenge to prove myself i can pull this off!