Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there! I just found out about this site a couple of days ago, and It really motivated me to join

A little about me: I'm from Southern South America a native of The Eastern Republic of Uruguay a country of 176 215 km² (slightly bigger than England and Wales combined) and a population of 3.3 million people.

Here is a map so you get the idea, we are also among the closest countries to Antartica

uruguay-map-location1.jpg

For more info about my country just check http://www.lonelyplanet.com/uruguay

http://www.uruguayuruguay.com/

I was born and currently live in Montevideo the largest city and capital, a port in the south of the country, I'm 20 years old and a student of first year Economics with my objective of becoming an economist. I found about this site looking for more info about parkour and I found this awesome article:
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/08/12/the-definitive-guide-to-parkour-for-beginners/

and then I started reading more and more articles and knew the rebellion was for me!

I have very poor cardio and Pathetic coordination things I seriously want to Improve

About my training and convictions: I have a year of training in Karate Kyokushin I got the first belt after white but then decided I wanted to try something else and started with Muay thai and Brazilian Jiu jitsu in another academy, training I just started with the Thai and BJJ (a couple of months ago) but I'm doing my best to keep a good regime, I'm even pretty excited since today I got my first submission! a rear naked choke during a No-gi rolling :D.

Besides the martial arts I want to get really good at parkour and train to become and efficient non flashy traceur I have been to about 3 parkour training meetings and learned a couple of things but I really want to dedicate much more time to it so I'm going to start the training regime described in the definite guide to parkour for beginners.

I'm now about the add the parkour starter training to the days I don't train martial arts (I train BJJ/Muay thai: Mondays, Wednesday and Friday) so for the first time in my life I would train 5 or 6 days a week, my first time training 4 days in a week was just a couple of weeks ago, sadly my schedule didn't allowed me to continue that way but I plan to change it TOMORROW I WILL TRAIN JUST LIKE TODAY (I'm writing this at 00:49 in the morning lolz)

parkour-logo1.jpg

Basically my goals now are:To Train 5 days a week and assist more parkour encounters (I got all the parkour people in facebook and I find out about all the training meetings) Compete in Jiu Jitsu, get in better shape and climb a small monument with the parkour folks!

My other goals: Improve my english (I'm sorry for all my mistakes please correct me ALWAYS, I will be very grateful), I'm a native Spanish speaker and I want to besides english, also learn Portuguese and German, I got a couple of sites and programs for that until I can join the free language courses of my university next year.

Of course Keep up with college! and maybe you people will give me another idea :D

Hobbies: Hmmm I don't have a proper hobbie like music or collecting coins, I like to read about history and science stay tuned with the latest news about scientific discoveries and such for example I have followed the story of the deep under antartica Vostok Lake since 2012 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Vostok.

Videogames!: Now that's my other passion I have been playing videogames since I can remember, I love the Thief series, The Assassin's Creed series, DWARF FORTRESS! the awesome indie game of managing the lives of dwarfs game I have been playing the since 2008 (they keep updating the game and adding features and IT'S FREE), also a big fan of RTS games.

Well I guess that's it for now, I'm happy to be on this board and I could use the motivation!

See you all over here!