Forums are back in action! ×

O Hai Thar! This place is awesome!111

Hello Everyone! So pleased to have found this community, as a nerd who went into hiding during college but has finally embraced the awesome since meeting her lovely boyfriend 4 years ago I can legitimately say that this place makes me genuinely excited about working on my fitness and health goals!

A little about me:  I am a nerd and I have embraced this. It first started about 15 years ago when I picked up my first fantasy novel (Wild Magic by Tamora Pierece) excellent book for pre-teen to teenage girls, and heck anyone really! From there I was adopted by a wild band of college students who lived with me, they introduced me to things like Weird Al ,  Monty Python, and The Princess Bride. High School was a happy time for me, as I blossomed as a nerd, I played WoW, D&D, was in the marching band, dabbled in Magic  (the CCG), and played many other video games/ indulged in general nerdlike activities.  Needless to say this didn’t really include fitness, sure I played some sports: Basketball, Soccer (I was the best benchwarmer ever!) Horseback riding…but I was never really fully invested in any of those (except horseback riding, because ponies are awesome!) Flash forward to College and I am trying to “fit in†and by that it means I sacrificed my nerd identity and had a horrible few years until I found the fencing team (and recovered my nerdiness by picking up an awesome and supportive boyfriend in the process)! This was right up my alley! I joined the team as a walk-on junior year and soon found my out-of-shape self working out intensely 3hrs a day 4 days a week. I felt amazing and I was stabbing people with swords (how cool was that!) In about 4 months I went from 165lbs of chubby girl to 145lbs of lean muscle (with an outer layer of a little fluff). I was in the best shape of my life…the problem was I wasn’t really on board with the healthy eating train, and then I got injured.

Flash forward 2 years and I am now 24, overweight (5'8" 176), recovering from an injury, and looking to get back into the game, so to speak. I am looking to lose about 30lbs and just adopt a healthier lifestyle in general by eating less sweets, drinking less alcohol(mmm beer, mmm wine, mmm cocktails), and eating more fruits and vegetables. Also honestly I want to look good, and by good if I can cosplay as Red Sonja for next year’s Dragon Con I will have made it!

I am so glad that I have found this community where I can be myself and work towards my goals of becoming a happy and healthy person. Now I supposed it’s time to charge onward to battle!

Lvl 0 Adventurer, Troll Wife

STR 0 | DEX 0| STA 0| CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Daily Battle Log: Challenge 1