Forums are back in action! ×

Hey guys and gals!  I'm so glad to have found this place!!!  My story is the typical "I got fat, now I don't want it...TAKE IT BACK!"

I'm 28, 5' 7.75", and currently this morning, 213.  I started this journey back in July when I was fed up with being fat.  I was actually going to a Doc in Houston to see if there was something wrong with me.  I've worked on and off with a trainer for the past 2 years, with me getting decently serious this year with him.  But even with doing the strength training I was doing, I wasn't seeing results, except getting more muscular.  THEN I had my bike accident.  Not a serious one, just ran it into a yard and yanked my arm pretty good.  So the trainer was out, and I was finally starting to get to that point...

I hit the point when my local doc told me I needed to cut my calories to 1500, and I would start seeing results.  And I did.  I lost weight like crazy.  I got stuck around 225, for two weeks I hovered between 223 and 227, then it finally broke until last month, when I found NF, saw the success stories, and took my first pic on Sept. 19th.  I ordered a fat pincher, and I started tracking.  That day, I was 219.

That was also the week (the next Monday morning, waaaayyyyy too early for me) I got up at 6, and went straight to the gym.  That's a constant for me now.  6 days a week, I'm doing 30 minutes on the Elliptical, and 30-75min of strength training.  I haven't missed a day yet, and Sunday (Oct.13) will finish out my third week.  I haven't lost the weight like I was, I've currently hovering between 211 and 213, but my measurements are going down.  I changed my diet to a 90% Paleo (still eating Humus, cheese, Monster, white and Rehab tea), and focusing on getting 150+g of protein a day, while maintaining a 1200-1700 cal intake.  Also, every workout is a fasted workout.  I drink a protein shake (whey, 45g protein, 3 carb + Almond Silk) about an hour after I finish.

Now for the bad.  My parents are semi supporting me in this.  As in, they are happy I'm doing something, but that's as far as it goes.  My brother is about 150lbs overweight, and refuses to do almost anything about it.  He has finally started riding a bicycle some days.  But basically, its just me, myself and I in this.  If I miss a workout (which I haven't!), no one will yell at me, or tell me to get back in the gym later that day and work twice as hard!

BUT!!! The silver lining in the above darkish cloud, is I do have a serious goal.  I'm going on a cruise in January 2014, and I want the six pack.  I am measuring every other day (Body tracker) and I'm between 19-20% body fat, which is verified by a Omron.  The Body tracker says I have between 20 and 23lbs of fat to go.  I have twelve weeks to do this in.

Thoughts, tips on how to make it, problems with my method/s?  I'm here to learn!  I want this body to be permanent.  I never, ever, ever, ever, EVER want to be fat again.