Forums are back in action! ×

Hi!

My name is Abby and I am a wife and mom in my mid 40’s who is overweight, often sick and generally tired. Last summer I decided to do something about it. I started walking and cycling and have this dream about completing (more like completing) a duathlon in my future. I was very inspired and motivated. I joined a gym, tuned up my bike and started walking and cycling my local greenways. I started listening to fitness podcasts and reading blogs and stumbled on the Nerd Fitness blog which became one of my favorites.

It all came to a crashing halt in December when I got sick for months, lost my motivation and my get up and go got up and went. I recently decided it was time to get over myself and just go do it. I am still having motivation problems but I did go back to the gym and I started taking karate with my husband and teen daughter. I have to get back to the level I was and I have a lot to do to get to where I want to be. So I decided to join the forums here in an effort to keep accountable and to find other motivated peoples.

So here I am, working on getting the hang of the forum thing.

Abby

"zenmom"

Human Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 2| WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven't. -Lucille Ball

My Blogger / Twitter / DailyMile / MyFitnessPal / 2012 Goals

Hi Crooked, yes, I really enjoy karate. I had been waiting to start classes to use karate as a weight loss reward. Then my teen daughter pointed out that I could be getting the benefits to help me loose weight and build muscle now instead of later. I thought about it and decided she is right and I was being silly. I also really enjoy lifting weights, my favortie part about the gym, and walking and cycling. I kind of enjoy swimming laps too but sometimes it makes me motion sick. I know, weird. I make myself sound super active, but I have a lot of weight to loose and a lot of muscle and stamina to build.

Human Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 2| WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things that I haven't. -Lucille Ball

My Blogger / Twitter / DailyMile / MyFitnessPal / 2012 Goals