Forums are back in action! ×

New to the Rebellion, hey guys!

Hey everyone, 

New to this forum so decided I should say hi!

I am pretty interested in keeping fit but want to gain some extra muscle mass.

I only do bodyweight exercises so I know this is fairly hard but as long as I increase my calorie intake then I can do this.

Also want to learn and train to be able to do a few gymnastic moves, handstand, front lever, back lever and the planche.

I do jeet kune do and muay thai aswell and enjoy training with people from these clubs.

immyjames the level 2 Human 
Assassin at heart, training with the Monk 
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 2|STA 2|WIS 2|CHA 1
Current challenge

Battlelog: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38914-jimmyjames-battle-log/#entry764580

Hey, JimmyJames. Just joining, too. I've a long history with weight-based strength training and only recently switched over to almost total body weight. Really like it! For me, it's been great watching and feeling my body "even out" as I've progressed from handstand holds to full-on HS pushups. Lateral and vertical wall walks are also awesome. Pull ups seem to be my major weak area,  but I love doing them almost as much as I hate doing them. Hoping to reverse that feeling in favor of pull ups over the next few weeks (major goal: > 10 regular pull ups and > 5 weighted pull ups -- shoot...I'd settle for just 1 really solid weighted pull up!). Burpees make me want to puke when I do them really well. I hate it when I do them well!

Good luck!

~LoKhan

hey lokhan, i used to be very much into weight lifting but I prefer being able to "throw" my own body weight around. Full handstand push ups are impressive. I'm surprised you can do those but struggle with pull ups. I love pull ups myself, think if I tested map reps I would be able to do 8 perfect form bodyweight pull ups. 

Good luck with your goals!

immyjames the level 2 Human 
Assassin at heart, training with the Monk 
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 2|STA 2|WIS 2|CHA 1
Current challenge

Battlelog: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38914-jimmyjames-battle-log/#entry764580