Forums are back in action! ×

greetings lords and ladies!

(thought the title was nerdy enough ya?)

Lurker for a bit, finally posting.

I've drifted in and out of work out routines trying to find something to inspire me, and push me along.  I stumbled upon Nerd Fitness and thought it would be great, nerds getting fit together.

I need HELP in the diet department, more in the recipe department... I'm a terrible cook... I manage to fail at boiling eggs.. no joke! So I'll be needing simple idiot proof recipes!  While I don't eat *bad* food (don't drink pop or alcohol, I rarely eat chips, chocolate and cookies) I just don't eat really good food because of my serious lack of skill in the kitchen.

I need help at pushing me to go to the gym.  My condo has a gym, free weights as well as a weight machine, treadmill, bikes, balls, mats, I'm set except for the drive that I'm hoping to get meeting folks here that I'll be accountable to.  Of course my horse (I ride horses, jump, compete) happen to have injured me recently so my motivation for exercise has gone up in a puff of smoke since walking is often an issue (thanks horse!)  any way to do cardio without putting weight/pressure on your foot?

So my short term health goals: learn to make healthy meals, and find a way to exercise without hurting my foot. 

My (long term) nerd goal... dress up as Lara Croft for a comic con and really look the part of gun toting, ass-kicking, rope climbing, boulder shoving, swan diving heroine of Tomb Raider 1  (ok, I've played others, but I just loved the original. :D)

K.

:)