Forums are back in action! ×

I haven't actually joined a forum in forever (with the intent of doing more than getting help with linux). So lets get personal and maybe I'll actually stick around this one.

I'm a 20 year old Physics student at UIUC.

I've been a skinny bastard for a long time... I weighed 125 from 8th grade all through high school. I ran track there and have not very successfully tried to keep running now that I'm in college.

I finally gained my freshman 15... about 3/4 the way through my sophomore year so I'm now a slightly less skinny bastard. Looking now to actually do that on purpose.

I prefer the term Geek to Nerd, personally. My qualifications in a nutshell... As I mentioned before I am a physics student. My cinematic interests generally revolve around Star Trek, Star Wars, and Firefly. I'm too cheap to buy video games, usually, but Valve just made TF2 free to play, my steamname is the same as my username on here. Probably a lot more could go into this category but I don't want to ramble too long.

So yeah! I'm looking forward to hopefully finding some sense of community to help me with my goals, and maybe I'll actually frequent a forum for once.

Level 1: April 30-June 11

Run a 7 Minute mile Shattered 6:15

Run 3 7 Minute Miles

Do 5 pull-ups

Climb some shit?

Survive Zombie apocalypse

Get a job

[table]

STRDEXSTAWIS[/td]CHAWIS

[/table]

Hey thanks for the welcome!

My very vague goals are to eat better and get more trim... I don't really want to gain or lose a whole lot of weight in doing so (although I could probably stand to gain a few pounds)

I went ahead and signed up for the 6 week challenge so if you want some specific goals you can check the link in my signature.

I'll be doing mostly bodyweight exercises by necessity over the summer because I dont really have access to a gym, but once I get back to school in the fall we've got a great Rec Center there.

as far as sports I'm definitely not looking to join my school's varsity or anything, but I would like to get a group of friends together to maybe start some Parkour

Level 1: April 30-June 11

Run a 7 Minute mile Shattered 6:15

Run 3 7 Minute Miles

Do 5 pull-ups

Climb some shit?

Survive Zombie apocalypse

Get a job

[table]

STRDEXSTAWIS[/td]CHAWIS

[/table]