Forums are back in action! ×

3rd Time's the Charm

So... I've been here before. Not actually a Newbie.

I started here with he best of intentions, I was so totally going to join the US Navy. Over the course of three months I dropped a significant amount of weight and was feeling really great about myself. then i shipped out to boot camp. Stuff happened, it impacted my health, and ultimately they sent me back home before I completed training. Trying again for various reasons is not a viable option. 

I'd told myself while I was waiting to go home that i'd dive right back into nerd fitness when I got back and I wouldn't let this little hiccup affect me. I tried starting a new battle log and tried to pick up my old routine that had worked for me (slightly modified due to injury), but it didn't happen. It was much too depressing seeing everyone who had been a newbie with me the first time having continued their success while I had slid backwards in boot camp. Every goal I set for myself feel by the wayside and I let myself sink into a giant funk over my perceived failures. 

Well, I'm ready to try again and I might fail again and then I'll just keep trying. that's what fitness is all about really, it's about trying again and again forever. I don't know how this particular attempt will go, I'm still fairly depressed. I have a new direction for my life to go in and I'm working really hard to maintain my enthusiasm and drive for this to work out. 

Without further ado, i reveal my fantastic and outlandish long-term goal for which I am working. 

Iceland!

I wish to go to Iceland and study vikings, and get involved in viking archaeology, and ski, and ice skate, and see an aurora, and go hiking, and take pretty pictures, and maybe move there on a more permanent basis? Anyways, I have goals, things I need to work on so I can get there and do all the things I'd like to do.