Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there all my senior rebels, a complete noob lost in this huge community here !!

Well, i found NerdFitness quite some time back & have been diligently following the Rebel Strength Guide by Steve for the past 4 weeks now. Even though i had been a daily visitor on the NerdFitness, it was only today that i have managed to join in the community rebellion.

A lil bit about myself I am 27, male from India, had been obese since time immemorial, but last year i finally wanted to take control of where i was heading to once i got pretty shabby health test results.

In November 2012, i had started with an abdomen of 51 inches & a shirt size of a full 48", i currently stand at an abdomen of 38" & a shirt size of 42", sometimes i fit into a 40" size shirt too :D, my thighs have gone down from 26" to a 22" now, while my hips have gone down from a 49" to 39". All this happened with a 5 day a week 4 km brisk walking only for nearly 7 months and from the past 5 months i have been a regular to the gym, doing both cardios and other ab building exercises.

I have started following your rebel strength guide (Dumbbell Division) since the past 4 weeks, and even though i am able to get through most of the dumbbell exercises with good form, but there still are a lot of areas where i am not able to do the basic exercise either. For example, i am unable to do even a single pull up (same for the negative pull ups too, i find doing push ups very very tough, never crossed more than 6-7 with proper form; walking lunges are too tough too; going all the way down in body-weight squats almost topples me over), so as you can see i am still probably nowhere near i should be to begin the strength training (i believe). That said, the dumbbell division workout is clearly helping me shed fat at most of the areas with most of the muscles becoming well defined barring the below mentioned areas :P

Also, Coming to the problem area, well, since i have lost a huge amount of weight, i have a whole lot of sagging, loose and visceral fat lying on my lower abdomen & my (well to put in a simple word) Moobs.

Well, thats about it from me, I have sort of figured out the suited Guild for me, i am pretty sure what challenge i am taking up in the upcoming challenge in 2 weeks time !!

Will be glad to hear anything from all of you !!

Damn man!  You've lost some serious weight! 

I'm lucky that I was pretty much just chubby my whole life, so I didn't have to deal with much loose skin. I've actually met a couple people that swore by taking a high quality collagen supplement, lots of Vitamin C, and always staying hydrated.  Might help ya!

Keep it up! 

Welcome!!

You've made great progress already - many congratulations.  :)

Thanks for the kind words !! Some day i do hope to come down to that useless 25 BMI range to finally lower my term insurance premium :P. Unfortunately those people just don't appreciate my new found fitness 

Damn man!  You've lost some serious weight! 

I'm lucky that I was pretty much just chubby my whole life, so I didn't have to deal with much loose skin. I've actually met a couple people that swore by taking a high quality collagen supplement, lots of Vitamin C, and always staying hydrated.  Might help ya!

Keep it up! 

I'll definitely give collagen supplements a shot, thanks for the advice !!! Will keep you updated on the progress made.. Thanks again :)