Forums are back in action! ×

What does living up to your fullest potential mean to you?

To live to my fullest potential is to gather up every demon I've acquired through my life and collectively smash them, ruthlessly. Every day I will be stronger, smarter, and capable of dealing with larger threats to myself and my family than I was yesterday. Every day I will grow to be a better, more nurturing father, giving as much as I can of my experiences to my daughter. I will teach anyone who cares everything I know. I will help provide my family with a better life than the life that either myself or my wife grew up through. I will never take silently the whispers of inferior men at my expense. These are the things I aspire to.

• Like 2

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

To me it means I am a Father. What is a Father? my definition is this.

I am a protector to those I love and those in need of protection.

I am a provider for my family, not only of funds, but of love and wisdom.

I am a teacher not a teller. I need to show my children how to act not just speak instructions.

I am a mentor for the best instructions are not lessons they are actions. Children learn from watching the interactions of their parents.

I am a leader, for leaders do not wait to be told what to do they use their wisdom and experience to forge ahead with action, if they fail, they try again.

I am honest so my words are not doubted, for they are truthful and can be counted on.

I come first. I am first to forgive, first to laugh, first to sacrifice, first to inspire, first to approve, first to compromise, first to praise, and first to negotiate.

IF I try my best to do these things daily, and IF I fail, I try again, I am a father and that is my fullest potential and most important purpose on this Earth.

• Like 1

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.