Forums are back in action! ×

sledgehammer training

I use one for forearm exercise. I think it works pretty well. I'll rotate it back and forth, using my wrist strength to lift it up & down, or hold it at an angle for a minute or two. Or I'll hold it out straight and try to flick it up and down with my wrist.

I've read about using it for other exercises, but I live in a tiny one-room apartment. If I lost control I'd break something I don't want to break: a wall, my computer or me.

I don't know if you are referring to the type of sledge training where you bash an old tire, or are you looking for a less jarring workout. Shovelglove is an interesting concept, and I know that a lot of folk have done well with it. Here's a good website with overviews of a lot of movements.

http://www.urbanprimalist.com/index.html

Yeah, i had seen this, this is what i was referring to. I actually pieced a usable facsimile together this morning with an older barbell and a 10lb plate and did some swings and movements after my morning WOD.

I must say, i liked it. I'd like to find some sort of routine for these movements, incorporate them into what i already do. My forarms, back, shoulders, and core are definitely shredded, even at just 10 lbs.

pause > breathe > press play

tweetle dee

I'm no expert but I've been using the info of http://www.urbanprimalist.com/index.html for about a month now. I really like it. It's not high impact, can be done just about anywhere, and is still intense. He doesn't use a tire for hitting in his stuff, though I do have a smaller tire at home I like to pound on sometimes. I find that if I'm pretending to hit something I have to use more muscles. I lift and swing with one part, and then I have to slow, stabalize, and stop with another before I smash something. I find it is very intense. It's a lot of fun. I do this on my side workout days, and sometimes just in the evening for fun.

LvL 2 - Viking Adventurer (Warrior in Training)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4 | CON 5 | WIS 5 | CHA 5

Current Challenge ~ Fit Bit Profile ~  Rogue Squadron ~

~ YouTube ~ @JConfidence ~ Facebook ~