Forums are back in action! ×

I'm ready to get my life back in order.

The last few weeks have been rough for me, but the last two days especially have been the worst in a very long time.

Suffice it to say it led me to calling a suicide hotline earlier today. I haven't contemplated suicide, but I was very scared that the thought of suicide even entered my head, and the woman on the other end managed to calm me down enough that I was able to make it home. I called a good friend of mine, and he was able to lend an ear for about an hour, and we talked about the concept of overcoming challenges. I won't go into any detail about what I've been through, because it's a sad and rather boring story, but the fact that I had to resort to calling a suicide hotline was a real wake-up call and made me realize what bad shape I'm in (not physically, I'm actually not doing too bad there; could be a lot better, though). I've been depressed for quite some time now, and the last few months especially have been a rather dark time, but nothing was bad as today and yesterday. I'm done. The fact that I've gotten this far down such a bad path, without realizing it along the way, has scared the living daylights out of me, and I don't want to be like this anymore. I have to make so many apologies to so many people, mend a once-strong friendship that I singehandedly destroyed, get financially settled, break some pretty bad habits, and start some good ones, but I know with a lot of willpower and some uplifting songs by my favorite band, I can make it happen.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I just wanted to get this off my chest. I remember what it feels like to love my life, and I miss it.

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

—Mahatma Ghandi

Sorry that is has been so rough. Hope we, as well as your IRL friends can help turn it around. This place is a great place for encouragement.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hi! I sincerely hope things are starting to look up!

Whenever I feel sad and pushed down by the world I listen to "Don't stop me now" from Queen and dance like a mad girl (here is a link to the video, not me dancing of course! haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM). The music, the lyrics, everything just pushes me up and makes me smile, even if it is for a bit. 

And that's all you need to star feeling better, smile for a bit, then for a while, then you'll be smiling all day long in no time! 

Surround yourself of people and things you like, do fun things and remember all the beautiful things that make you happy!

I hope you're feeling better! :)

Anyanka ♥ Level 0 ♥ Half Orc

STR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - CHA 0 - WIS 0

My challenge thread!

"I'll show you what this little rat can do!"

No apologies necessary! This is the perfect site to post. I am fairly new here as well, but have learned that this is a community built on strength and encouragement for the WHOLE rebellion. You are here now, and as such, are part of the rebellion. We will be here to help you when you need it. With your particular situation, there are doors that you alone will have to go through, but we will be there holding the door open and cheering you on.

(OK I know I'm being a liitle sappy, so i'll shut muh pie-hole, now. Meant what I said tho' - You have friends here.)